Quasi new 15” wheels and CR 500 tires for sale

SK400

As some of you already know, I’m moving to Michigan.  

I have a few caterham related parts for sale in my garage but 4, quasi new, not a scratch or dent, 

caterham black 15” wheels and 500 miles / one track day at most, CR500 tires are looking for a new home.  

best offer please. 

let me know. 

68637101-8916-4C3E-91C1-7A8EA7BF009F.jpeg

157ECE15-AE9C-423D-B0CB-AFFA7F6289BE.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally got some decent weather to get my 7 out with the new wheels and tires I got from you Seb.

They look and drive fantastic.

Thanks Again,

Kenny

Also a very funny pic of my car inbetween two pickups... LOL

20210704_123404.jpg

20210704_130314.jpg

3 hours ago, Lucky-7 said:

I finally got some decent weather to get my 7 out with the new wheels and tires I got from you Seb.

They look and drive fantastic.

Thanks Again,

Kenny

Also a very funny pic of my car inbetween two pickups... LOL

20210704_123404.jpg

20210704_130314.jpg

Hi Kenny,

I might pick your brain a little.

You should have the same set of wheels as me. Square setup, 6in wide 195 Cr500'S.

However your fit is quite different than mine.

4ad34353e3f5ab7fc1caaae236d8145b.jpg

dbff39f6e74f4ecfde9fde400b8144eb.jpg

Oh boy... yours stick out way more than mine. Mine are just about flush with the fenders.

I'll get some close ups for you.

one thing of note... my speedometer is of now. When it reads 65 I'm actually doing around 59-60.

anyone have any tricks to straighten that out?

4 minutes ago, Lucky-7 said:

Oh boy... yours stick out way more than mine. Mine are just about flush with the fenders.

I'll get some close ups for you.

one thing of note... my speedometer is of now. When it reads 65 I'm actually doing around 59-60.

anyone have any tricks to straighten that out?

I appreciate the pictures and will get some measurements to compare. I was quite perplexed when I found out that they stick out. OEM's sit flush so Im not sure where the delta is.

As far as speedometer, unfortunately I have different unit where I can easily calibrate ratios in the unit. 

2 hours ago, Lucky-7 said:

Did you just put that one wheel on there for a trial test fit?  

4ad34353e3f5ab7fc1caaae236d8145b.jpg

Yes. That was a mockup fit to see how they are. These are primary my backup track wheels as I like my 13's more but don't want to waste a day on the track if I have a blowout.

Mine should be identical to yours and came off pretty much the same spec model car, but there is one wild card caveat. It's highly unlikely that this is the reason here but when I looked into it more CSR Caterham had same style wheel but they have different offset, which would explain my problems but I again highly don't think that this is the situation. I believe offsets are printed on the back side of the wheel and I double checked to make sure my were right last time I did this.

Your fit looks great!

So variables for me are as follows

*Wheels (offset, should be identical, so unlikely)

*Cycle wings 

*Fender stays themselves (I have a new replacement on there now, can try to test fit again, maybe old one was bent?)

I just measured my cycle wing and it's 8 inches wide edge to edge. When you have a chance can you take a tape measure to yours?

My cycle wings are 8-1/2 inches wide and the tires are 8"  wide.

take a look at the stays and make sure they're not bent inward toward the body.

I'm glad that was only a test fit because the direction of the tread is wrong. Lol. Had me scratching my head for a moment.  hahaha