BAT LISTING

RapidMarketing

They have used the stock oil pan and it looks like they have put the bottom on the oil pan level with the bottom frame rails, the engine is also appears forward in the frame. So your answer is yes, Low profile oil pan, maybe dry sump, let the oil pan hang a little below the frame, move the engine back, not a problem.  Intercooler behind the radiator is an interesting choice, and no muffler just a dump pipe. 

Graham 

On 9/24/2021 at 4:23 AM, fastg said:

They have used the stock oil pan and it looks like they have put the bottom on the oil pan level with the bottom frame rails, the engine is also appears forward in the frame. So your answer is yes, Low profile oil pan, maybe dry sump, let the oil pan hang a little below the frame, move the engine back, not a problem.  Intercooler behind the radiator is an interesting choice, and no muffler just a dump pipe. 

Graham 

Yes, that's one route but based on the the pic from the side, you'd have to lower it 7 or 8 inches to get it below the hood line which would never really be feasible. Interesting car and I bet it's a rocket. GLWTS 

The Stalker has a hood with a scoop as stock, you can get a big V8 or a super changed V6. If you can get a Duratec under the hood of a Caterham you can to the same with a Stalker. The plastic engine cover is loosing you an inch. It would be a major effort to make the change. 

Graham

On 9/25/2021 at 6:31 AM, fastg said:

The Stalker has a hood with a scoop as stock, you can get a big V8 or a super changed V6. If you can get a Duratec under the hood of a Caterham you can to the same with a Stalker. The plastic engine cover is loosing you an inch. It would be a major effort to make the change. 

Graham

Intriqued but things just seem off. If you watch the driving video on the other page, the smallish steering wheel sits right on top of his legs with no room at all. You'd think there would be more room with the motor sitting forward and high. Good base parts but it looks like you'd have to make some semi-serious changes to get it all relatively normal. Probably why he's only put 60 miles on it. I've got a turbo 7 clone and I'll do 250 miles in a day in it!

• RapidMarketing changed the title to BAT LISTING
  • 1 month later...

Just bought this BAT listed Stalker with a Ford Ecoboost 4 yesterday and am looking forward to getting it home to Texas.  Thanks to Doug, the owner/lister and the builder for making this very interesting car available.  The builder is an EAA member/builder and also a multi-kit car builder.  His craftsmanship looks excellent and I'm looking forward to enjoying the results of his attention to detail.  More to follow after some road time.  I'll also document the registration process here in Texas for those who may be interested.1962_lotus_seven_1962_lotus_seven_e8ae32db-a75e-4704-923f-96328413a5e2-JskXxk-04056-04057-scaled.thumb.jpg.121791f68910ea146e70fdff7da5ea9e.jpg

@vipergeek I watched the termination of the BAT auction and was amazed at the terrific auction that won you this M-Spec Stalker. I didn't realize that you had been in contact with the original builder and had done your due diligence on the provenance of this car. I suspect that the seller (dealer) capitulated on the reserve and realized that our merry band of sevenesque lovers are a breed unto ourselves and good on him for getting it into the hands of someone who will greatly appreciate it. Good show and we cannot wait to hear about the escapades of this unique build with the 2.3L Turbo EcoBoost powerplant. Will be very interested to see how it works out in terms of corner weighting? BTW, I was the poster on the auction advocating for taller race seats to keep that 11lb football, we call a head, in proper alignment with the rest of your body. 

Edited by Anaximander

@Anaximander, Based on your BAT comments I've already been cruising the Summit Racing site in the seats section.  Thank you for the suggestion. The good news also is that we have a huge Summit retail store in Arlington about 20 minutes from my house.  It's a very bad place for a car geek to visit.

Edited by vipergeek