420 CSR progress, Purple People Eater ;) 😈

UglyFast

• 2 weeks later...

Update without saying much:

My car has returned from being re-skinned and is headed to paint (again) and final assembly (again).

All I can do is lol. I'll be very happy to have my lil machine. Eventually. Ish. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Alex-Ks1

Lol not sure how ready to roll it is at the moment, as I'm barely clinging to the hope that I'll see it in my natural lifetime. But yeah, CSRs are factory built, and when it gets to me it will be a complete roller, waiting for engine and transmission (which'll arrive with the roller). 

Edited by UglyFast
Tagged Alex

51 minutes ago, Alex-Ks1 said:

How much does a " kit " cost plus shipping 

Lol no idea. Lot of factors. What model, what options, shipping, exchange rate.  

I think between about $50-70k is a safe bet. Others can please chime in. My car, factory built add a lil, CSR model add a bit, sequential add a bit, paint and other tidbits, add a bit, etc. 

But if my wife or her lawyers ask, my car was $12,995 plus tax out the door lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by UglyFast
Edited for clarity

Lil different tho. I'd talk to a reputable broker once you're ready ready. UK configurator fun to play with, but there are options not on the menu, vis a vis cars, chassis, etc.

And it's not a straight conversion pounds to dollars based on googling on a given day.  You also buy the intangibles. The expertise and feedback during the optioning process offered by your broker, their import and transport expertise and other things. Bruce Beachman at Beachman Racing has been incredible.  Incredible.

I also kinda know Josh at Rocky Mountain Caterham and he's a great guy, and though I've never bought thru him (yet) his customers speak very highly of him as well. His family have been involved in 7's a long time.  

Although I'm on the east coast, for all of the above reasons, I am using Beachman on the west coast. 

I suppose you could try and import a CKD on your own, but I don't think Caterham Cars will sell a kit outside of their dealer network outside of the EU. I could be wrong.

For reference, my guy.  He'll never say this, but he's great and he's race car famous. 

http://www.beachmanracing.com

Having said all that, if you wanna save money and a LOT of time and just wanna get in a car, you can wait a bit and usually a good one will pop up here for sale. Could always do that WHILE you wait for your factory CKD. You can always get your money back out of a good 7 is what I'm told. That's what I should've done. Live and learn. 

@Alex-Ks1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: (likely the last one till I see the car in person)

I *think* my car is kinda done.

I *think* it's maybe making it's way to shipping out of England.

I *know* I only think these things.

I *know* none of this for sure. 

Very happy with how it looks in photos. 

Be happier when it's under my butt. 

Until then, here ya go.  

@UglyFast everywhere

C54B844B-226C-4717-ABE2-CAA2E8C6932C.jpeg

6B98CAA0-9FC4-492E-8BE9-B8F4BD92E3D4.jpeg

FB168912-C702-4694-8DF8-620D6D6767B5.jpeg

511FE45F-58BD-4577-AE58-3F93242D4A74.jpeg

7B823678-286D-4DCD-B220-DD6DE6B07B17.jpeg

1BCD2E8A-901B-4372-B6CA-358641F93BCB.jpeg

F531F58D-2D3D-4020-A4B9-7908A92BABAB.jpeg

7D4A9442-86FD-4A6B-84D1-04AB8AEDBFC8.jpeg

37105387-2A66-40DB-8F0D-415183909186.jpeg

317A9B40-66FA-4511-9FEC-2E51D8735928.jpeg

• Like 1

That's great news!  Coincidentally, the ship carrying my car just made port in your state this morning (Charleston).  It's only a 2 week port-to-port crossing so you might have your car soon.

-John

2 minutes ago, JohnCh said:

That's great news!  Coincidentally, the ship carrying my car just made port in your state this morning (Charleston).  It's only a 2 week port-to-port crossing so you might have your car soon.

-John

@JohnCh that's great news for you! I'm excited to hear it's two weeks on the water. I was under the impression it would be a good deal longer. 

Edited by UglyFast
Typo

1 hour ago, JohnCh said:

It left the initial port on the 8th, hung around the UK for a few more days, then landed about 3:30am this morning local time.  

Wow.  Wow. That's pretty good time on the water. You must me AMPED! Hell I'm AMPED for you. Lol

Just now, panamericano said:

Sharp looking car.  Early Christmas is coming your way!

Lol thanks. Santa gonna be pretty good to me this year. 

Let's be honest, I'm Santa and I am pretty good to me every year! (And to everyone else!)