Birkin S3 for sale - SOLD!

panamericano

I’m selling and thought it would be fun to do so here, as a sort of auction.  More on that below.

1986 to 1989??  Birkin S3.  I have had it since Dec. 2013.

Right Hand Drive.  Fear not, except for left turns against opposing traffic it is no problem.

Registered and titled in Texas as a 1965 Lotus.

Peugeot 2 liter, Mi-16 which was about as hot a 4 banger as you could get in the late 80s.  I do not know from what model it was acquired.  The top stock one was rated at 156 HP.  This has individual throttles and an Electrodyne Tech 2 engine control unit.  I have not had it tuned.  Dry sump.  It came with an extra cam belt and a rebuild kit, which I have never inventoried.  Synthetic oil x2/yr.

Ford T9 5 speed to probably a Toyota live axle.  Discs in front, drums in back.  Spitfire/GT6 front ball joints/trunnion, recently replaced.

Condition?  Well, I prefer an old car to look like an old car.  Some of you would say it needs complete restoration.  I’ve never wanted to do anything but drive it.  Paint has flaws throughout.  Transmission tunnel looks rough.  Some electrics work, some don’t.  I don’t care.  I never drive it at night, as long the brake lights work, I’m happy.  Brooklands on it now, but I also have the windshield and wipers.  Tall Birkin rollbar and top (never used).  No doors and body would need more snaps for the top.  New Konig Rewind wheels and 195/15 Avon ZZS tires.  Also Montegi wheels with RE71R 205/15 Bridgestones

Auction?  Why not?  I do have a low reserve in mind, but someone here will get a bargain.  Great first time Seven for those who have been lurking.  PM with your offer, if the amounts get serious, I’ll update that here.  Ask if you want specific photos.  More photos here:  

British car day 2019.jpg

IMG_1994.JPG

IMG_6052.jpg

IMG_6053.jpg

IMG_6054.jpg

IMG_6055.jpg

IMG_6056.jpg

Edited by panamericano
link to album added
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with a bit of patina on a car.  I feel it makes the car personally.  Plus a well used seven is always more reliable than infrequently used show ponies.  Wishing you the best for the sale and for your next motoring adventure (I won't ask here since it will just distract from your ad for sale).  

4 hours ago, panamericano said:

Ask if you want specific photos but don’t want to clutter up the forum too much, initially.

If you don't want to clutter your for sale ad with photos, then a solution would be to create a photo gallery of your own here:

Member Albums - USA7s

Then you could link this ad page to it.  Its easy to upload any photos you want. This way you do it once rather than piecemeal with individual requests.   Let me know if I can help.  

Croc, thanks for the comments and album suggestion.  It really took about a year and a half to get it sorted and reliable.  Good tip on the album.  It was easy to set up and I'll add photos tomorrow.

• 1 year later...

Several questions: Do you have clear title? Where can I inspect the car? Finally how much do you want for the car.

• 4 weeks later...
  • JohnCh changed the title to Birkin S3 for sale - SOLD!
3 hours ago, panamericano said:

SOLD.  It's going to a good home!

Congratulations on the sale! 

What is going to replace it?  You are too young to go for a Cadillac. 

• Haha 1

Thanks, Croc.  Not positive yet about the replacement.  Must be something I can drive more regularly.  Loved the 7, but the environment here just was not conducive to enjoying it.  Most likely candidate would be an NA Miata with a few mods and a hardtop for the summer.  

2 hours ago, panamericano said:

John, I'll stick around.  The car is headed to Reno Nevada area.

2 hours ago, panamericano said:

Thanks, Croc.  Not positive yet about the replacement.  Must be something I can drive more regularly.  Loved the 7, but the environment here just was not conducive to enjoying it.  Most likely candidate would be an NA Miata with a few mods and a hardtop for the summer.  

As somebody from Cold York who's never been to Texas, can you explain how weather wasn't conductive? Unless you mean the landscape with "environment" 

4 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

...can you explain how weather wasn't conductive?

I can explain how autocorrect strikes again....

Lightning is conductive.  Lack of lightning is conducive.

• Confused 1

On 4/11/2024 at 11:30 AM, Vovchandr said:

As somebody from Cold York who's never been to Texas, can you explain how weather wasn't conductive? Unless you mean the landscape with "environment" 

Not to speak for others but I have a son in San Antonio. IMO for much of the year it is simply too blamed hot to be in an open car.  Even when it's cooler it still *feels* hot too. 80 degrees in San Antonio feels like 90 degrees in SE PA. It's oppressive.

Edited by wdb

On 4/11/2024 at 10:30 AM, Vovchandr said:

You have 4 seasons up there.  We also have 4:  Winter; Summer; Super Summer; Summer.  So, for 6 months it's hot.  80-83 at 5 AM quickly warming to 95-110.  60% humidity, full sun, not great for a roaster.  The roads in and around Dallas are in poor to terrible condition, worse that Mexico.  The closest place a road has more that 2 curves is Central Texas, 200 miles away.  Lastly, the wife won't get in it, which limits my possibilities.  Liked the car very much for 10+ years, but need something I can drive more.  

I may be crazy, but I'm a driving fool.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1