M-Spec Stalker AXR -- NO LONGER FOR SALE

Anaximander

The best way from a usability perspective is to upload it to YouTube or Vimeo then paste the link in the post and it will embed the video.  Second question in this FAQ has a little more information about embedding.  You can also upload the video as an attachment, but that requires someone to download it first and you may need to resize it first to get under the size threshold.

-John

Very nice. It's unfortunate it's not street legal as I think your prospective market might be quite a bit larger. Having said that, it only takes one person that really wants an AX/track toy. Good luck with your sale. 

Edited by TBone1209
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 2:29 AM, TBone1209 said:

Very nice. It's unfortunate it's not street legal as I think your prospective market might be quite a bit larger. Having said that, it only takes one person that really wants an AX/track toy. Good luck with your sale. 

TBone, I came to my senses and decided that I could not part with it.

Avalon in Garage.jpg

Edited by Anaximander
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 2:32 PM, Croc said:

Come on Bob, the solution is always let wifey have her car in the garage and your car go outside.  The second solution is "we need a bigger garage".

:classic_cool:

Croc, You are a fun ENABLER! Take good care.

Edited by Anaximander
  • Like 1

Woo Hoo!  Good for you.  Happy wife - Happy Life.   And you keep your car.  Sounds like a win-win to me.  Some guys build airplanes for the fun of building them and then sell the project as soon as it is one.   You have hit the lottery here.  Have fun...

• Like 1

@Anaximander - A good decision on several fronts. 

Three cars and a two car garage?  Wife's car never left during this project although several tarps gave up their best during the construction period.

"Stalker in a Box!"  I'm pretty sure it's better protected now than if it was in the garage.

Resized_20220917_074033.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

Question about your trailer and using a winch.  I though when using a weight activated pivoting trailer you had to drive onto the trailer in one motion.  If your too slow the trailer will pivot as soon as the front wheels pass the pivot point, causing the trailer to slam into the bottom of the chassis.  

Maybe I am wrong?

Graham

Graham,

The Aluma tilt trailer has a very large hydraulic cylinder (dampner/lift) underneath the trailer that articulates with the tilt and allows it to come down gently in both directions. It has a 12.5 degree tilt angle when in the tilt position to the ground. 

Aluma 14' Heavy Duty Hydraulic Cylinder.jpg

Edited by Anaximander

1 hour ago, fastg said:

Question about your trailer and using a winch.  I though when using a weight activated pivoting trailer you had to drive onto the trailer in one motion.  If your too slow the trailer will pivot as soon as the front wheels pass the pivot point, causing the trailer to slam into the bottom of the chassis.  

I also have a tilt trailer, in the for sale pages.  Never experienced the problem you suggest.  As I see it, the point where weight causes the downward tilt is well to the rear of the point where it tilts back to level.

4 hours ago, panamericano said:

I also have a tilt trailer, in the for sale pages.  Never experienced the problem you suggest.  As I see it, the point where weight causes the downward tilt is well to the rear of the point where it tilts back to level.

Panamericano, I can't believe that someone has not snatched up your trailer for $2300! What a bargain! My trailer, and I got a bit of a deal from the dealer, cost about $7k with tax/factory delivery and is only a 3500 lbs. single axle. Your trailer would be perfect and frankly almost overkill for a se7enesque car with the tandem axles. 

Edited by Anaximander