Jump to content

Newly completed M-Spec Stalker AXR with special Aluma tilt trailer


Anaximander
 Share

Recommended Posts

The best way from a usability perspective is to upload it to YouTube or Vimeo then paste the link in the post and it will embed the video.  Second question in this FAQ has a little more information about embedding.  You can also upload the video as an attachment, but that requires someone to download it first and you may need to resize it first to get under the size threshold.

 

-John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very nice. It's unfortunate it's not street legal as I think your prospective market might be quite a bit larger. Having said that, it only takes one person that really wants an AX/track toy. Good luck with your sale. 

 

 

Edited by TBone1209
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2022 at 2:29 AM, TBone1209 said:

Very nice. It's unfortunate it's not street legal as I think your prospective market might be quite a bit larger. Having said that, it only takes one person that really wants an AX/track toy. Good luck with your sale. 

 

 

TBone, I came to my senses and decided that I could not part with it.

Avalon in Garage.jpg

Edited by Anaximander
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woo Hoo!  Good for you.  Happy wife - Happy Life.   And you keep your car.  Sounds like a win-win to me.  Some guys build airplanes for the fun of building them and then sell the project as soon as it is one.   You have hit the lottery here.  Have fun...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Anaximander - A good decision on several fronts. 

 

Three cars and a two car garage?  Wife's car never left during this project although several tarps gave up their best during the construction period.

 

"Stalker in a Box!"  I'm pretty sure it's better protected now than if it was in the garage.

Resized_20220917_074033.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question about your trailer and using a winch.  I though when using a weight activated pivoting trailer you had to drive onto the trailer in one motion.  If your too slow the trailer will pivot as soon as the front wheels pass the pivot point, causing the trailer to slam into the bottom of the chassis.  

 

Maybe I am wrong?

 

Graham

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Graham,

 

The Aluma tilt trailer has a very large hydraulic cylinder (dampner/lift) underneath the trailer that articulates with the tilt and allows it to come down gently in both directions. It has a 12.5 degree tilt angle when in the tilt position to the ground. 

Aluma 14' Heavy Duty Hydraulic Cylinder.jpg

Edited by Anaximander
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fastg said:

Question about your trailer and using a winch.  I though when using a weight activated pivoting trailer you had to drive onto the trailer in one motion.  If your too slow the trailer will pivot as soon as the front wheels pass the pivot point, causing the trailer to slam into the bottom of the chassis.  

I also have a tilt trailer, in the for sale pages.  Never experienced the problem you suggest.  As I see it, the point where weight causes the downward tilt is well to the rear of the point where it tilts back to level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, panamericano said:

I also have a tilt trailer, in the for sale pages.  Never experienced the problem you suggest.  As I see it, the point where weight causes the downward tilt is well to the rear of the point where it tilts back to level.

Panamericano, I can't believe that someone has not snatched up your trailer for $2300! What a bargain! My trailer, and I got a bit of a deal from the dealer, cost about $7k with tax/factory delivery and is only a 3500 lbs. single axle. Your trailer would be perfect and frankly almost overkill for a se7enesque car with the tandem axles. 

 

 

Edited by Anaximander
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...