Race gas in SE Pennsylvania

inchoate

I used to buy my race gas from K&G Speed in Broomall.  Unfortunately they're gone out of business so I need a new place to get high octane, ethanol free unleaded in pails.  Anyone know a place?  Sort of an odd place to ask but I'm casting as wide a net as possible.

46 minutes ago, inchoate said:

I used to buy my race gas from K&G Speed in Broomall.  Unfortunately they're gone out of business so I need a new place to get high octane, ethanol free unleaded in pails.  Anyone know a place?  Sort of an odd place to ask but I'm casting as wide a net as possible.

Oehert Brothers

1203 Township Line Road
Royersford PA 19468

Phone: 610-948-7113

Yes-Sunoco in Havertown works fine but if you are closer to Northeast Philadelphia there is a hot rod oriented place, Philadelphia Racing Engines 268 Geiger Road 215-9693550. Good to call first to be sure but they stock  5 gallon pails Sunoco 110 and the VP equivalent slightly cheaper and other grades but 110 is no alcohol with lead..

Anyone tried Avgas low lead?

go to your nearest airport and buy AvGas, 109 octane . at half the price of a so called racing gas . and YES  they will sell it to you.. I use it in mine, I have a v-6 with 10.5 to 1 compression ratio . works like a charm

Dang.  I've been asking around everywhere and came here as a last resort.  Looks like I should have started here.  I've been curious about the sunoco in havertown but I've never actually taken a close look.  I'll have to do that the next time I'm in the area.  If they've got ethanol free pump gas that works.  It's quick and fun drive from my house.  VP in New Castle is easy, I'm down there all the time.

I was looking into avgas as an alternative to racing fuel and noted that airplane fuel is rated on a different scale than automotive fuel. They apparently have a rating for cruising ( lean setting) and a much higher rating (rich setting ) for take off. Worth checking further perhaps to be sure, but maybe 100LL a low lead version with no alcohol to mess up engine parts, is equivalent to 105 octane on automobile standards rating system. Getting your octane rating up with lead means they may not be using as much aromatic ( molecular structure---chemists term) content. I hope the unleaded stuff they now have has more octane boost from xylene and maybe toluene for winter but absolutely no benzene. Just an fyi--- benzene is a genuinely proven carcinogen (leukemia) and even xylene and toluene are kind of nasty, so be careful in any case not to spill and get skin contact or breath fumes.too much.

A gas still has lead , it is not subject to EPA BS , I use it and I use pump gas too , don't sweat the small stuff , get in it and drive it , have fun , or go to a auto part store and buy a bottle of octane booster 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...