LOG 29

sparecr

"The method of packing is cool. It reminds me of Tony V. on his expeditions." - My friend Ed had his Caterham at the British by the Sea show this weekend, and had a luggage rack that clipped over the spare tire mount on either side of the license plate flat section and strapped to the spare tire. It then had a flip down section that you could strap bags or a couple of folding chairs to. I really thought it was a neat, simple idea that expanded the carrying capacity without blocking the rear view. I'm either going to make one up similar or get the one from Caterham as long as it fits the Birkin. Looks like this:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one of those little Caterham racks. It is such a pain, but when you need it for chairs at a show or a cooler it cannot be beat. Comes off and on with ease.

Yellow car is Jack & Ruth Ann Norton of West End, NC...according to my notes.

Hope Drew chimes in on what it was like to drive the Dragon in his car....

• 4 weeks later...

We left Barber based on a GPS route to get to Fontana Village about 5 PM on Monday following LOG29. Got our first taste of the Dragon at 11:30 Monday night as the GPS took us right down 129. SUV and trailer with the Se7en tightly tied down inside, 2nd gear and try to stay off the yellow line. Really glad all the bikers had already turned in for the night. First drive - alot of white knuckle.

Next morning - what a different road in the daylight after shedding a few tons of weight! First time in the se7en a little tentative - getting a feel for the road. Actually got passed on the inside by a supermotard on one wheel in a hairpin, he had to be a local! Next passes were much quicker, the cruisers were very good about letting us by and the guys at killboy.com got some great photos.

That is an amazing piece of asphalt and we look forward to driving it again - hopefully with a bunch of se7ens. Still bummed we missed the big event 7/7/07.

Drew, I have been trying to find a 3rd LED brake light similar to the one I saw on your car's rollbar in Birmingham but have had no luck. The one I have installed is a bit bulky. Can you give the source where you bought it and a part number? Thanks, Mike

• 2 weeks later...