LOG 29

sparecr

For those that don't know it but LOG 29 will be in Birmingham, AL with many events taking place at The Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum, Talledega Raceway (including laps of the track, maybe at speeds so you can experince the banking), etc, etc.

The website for the event is up at www.log29.com check it out. There were 25 or so 7's (Lotus, Caterham, Birkin, Ultralite, Westfield) at LOG28 in Indy, we want beat that number, right? I will give everyone who attends in a 7 -wait for it---- ONE DOLLAR!!!-- :banghead: if the 7's count beats the Elise count.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've competed at Barber a couple of times, and without a doubt, the highlight of the trip is the museum.

Whatever other commitments you have to shorten/postpone/cancel to do it, make sure you give yourself a half-day minimum in the museum.

We had only 60 minutes inside at the end of a test day, and barely scratched the surface. GO !! no really, GO!!!!!!!

We've competed at Barber a couple of times, and without a doubt, the highlight of the trip is the museum.

Whatever other commitments you have to shorten/postpone/cancel to do it, make sure you give yourself a half-day minimum in the museum.

We had only 60 minutes inside at the end of a test day, and barely scratched the surface. GO !! no really, GO!!!!!!!

Ian, I hope you know that current USA7s Club Prez John V. is one of the restorers in residence at said museum. I'm sure he could arrange for a special "Se7eners-only" tour....(at least I'm hoping he can!!!)

BTW, I think I will make this pilgrimage, even if I have to fly in without the family.

-Al

Now come on. I do work in a basement and it is a horrible place, but I can maybe work something out for a tour, we will see as the date draws closer and I figure out how many minutes I have free.

If you really want to spend time at the museum you may want to come early, if you check the schedule online it is a a busy weekend. The racetrack is even shooting for a vintage race that weekend.

Oh yeah rough job....

http://www.usa7s.org/aspnetforum/upload/1818162789_101_0903.JPG

http://www.usa7s.org/aspnetforum/upload/847881759_101_0911.JPG

• 3 months later...

Checked out the LOG 29 website this morning and the schedule of events, LOTS to do. I went to the musuem years ago and it was amazing, 4 or 5 floors of motorcycles and a few cars. From what I understand the number of Lotus cars has expanded quite a bit from my last visit. Having a vintage race the same weekend as the LOG is a great idea, the number of cool sportscars that come to a vintage event is unbelievable. How many club members are planning on attending? Count me in as 1. Mike

I just hate the thought of Towing the trailer for 2 days one way. :ack: :ack: Tom

What are these words "towing" and "trailer" :confused: :confused: :confused:

Myself and a friend (who lurks on this board occasionally) drove a pair of Caterham's from Montreal to Road Atlanta and back for Log xx about a decade ago. Best part of 4500km, 2+ days each way. Won ourselves the iron butt award for it...

Near as I figure, Barber is an excellent reason to beat that record. Maybe we pick you up on the way by?

Thanks Ian.:D I bow to your superior Posterior. I think that I'll stick to a nice leisurely drive pulling the 7 along. It would be fun to follow a few other sevens down, but I think my Hearing and body would be toast after 2 days of the battering. Remember, without the doors the wind really beats you up at speed. And I don't want to look like a total geek by wearing my helmet.

:jester: Tom

This seems like a good excuse to make a road trip.

If the S1 is welcome, I would like to bring it with me.

Sorry Ian, but I to will tow down there, ( Old, beat up

lower back). From all I have seen and read, seems like

my kind of place.

:)Steve

Looks like we've got ourselves a convoy!:D :d :D

Steve, let's talk as the Log info firms up. Maybe our fearless leader here can reserve some primo trailer parking spaces for us Se7eners. Right John? :cool: Tom

Hey John, can you get me a ride in a 23B too? :D I've always wanted one. I'd like to see if I fit. Tom

Sounds good Tom, Bring your Brain Bucket, we will have

get in on the track event if they have one.

John, I'll be the guy standing behind Tom for a ride

in a 23B, how do you like your steak cooked and what

kind of beer to you like.

:lol: :lol: Steve( I'll buy a ride ) Novelli

Be assured that S1s, Caterhams, Birkins, Westfields, homebuilts and ... are welcome at Lotus Owners Gatherings (LOG). There is a long tradition of accepting any and all Se7ens. Several manufacturers’ representatives have been sponsors of LOG over the years (and there are sponsorship opportunities still available)

There will be many activities with quite a few driving based. From the Event Schedule posted on the web site www.log29.org

Autocross

Car Control Clinic

Mountain Drive

Talladega Speedway Laps

Vintage Race-Lotus Feature

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

New car, Really?:hurray:

I think I coul be persuded to do some leg work. However, I don't drive fast when towing, so it will definately be a two full day trip for me. I'll set up a thread to gauge interest level, then we can go off line to figure out the details. Sound like a plan? Tom

New car, Really?:hurray:

I think I coul be persuded to do some leg work. However, I don't drive fast when towing, so it will definately be a two full day trip for me. I'll set up a thread to gauge interest level, then we can go off line to figure out the details. Sound like a plan? Tom

I think we do make it a 2 dayer for sanity's sake...at least on the way down. On the way back, people can leave whenever they want and drive at their own pace.

Count me in +1. I doubt Laura will come, but I could probably drag a buddy.

I'm planning on LOG 29 as well. The trip is a twofer for me as it is the Miata's 20th Anniversary celebration the prior weekend in Dallas. I'll be towing the Caterham from Denver and driving it at both events. Since it has a Miata powertrain, it works for both events.

I'll be looking for something to do in the days between Dallas and Birmingham, anyone know of any track days available during that week?

Skip