Caterham SV Zetec at Sevens & Elans

11Budlite

16" x 5 wheels & 205x45 tyres?

5" wheels seems a tad narrow for 205 tires, probably a typo as the 16" wheels from Caterham are 7" wide.

Price on Application - anyone want to apply for the price?

• 1 month later...

I didn't apply for the price of the above referenced car, but did out of idle curiosity, ask about the CSR 260 that they list as almost being finished. Asking $69K but will negotiate.

The website info regarding this one contains some inaccurate info, including that it's a one owner car with 2400 miles. In fact, it is still under construction, never has been titled and has 0 miles. Since its essentially a $80K car, the price seems almost reasonable, sort of.

Mike

5" wheels seems a tad narrow for 205 tires, probably a typo as the 16" wheels from Caterham are 7" wide.

they are the 16" wagon wheels so it is a typo.

with Mike's info, there seems to be quite a bit of typos...:leaving:

The $69K or BO for the CSR260 looks to be a great price. I talked to an CSR260 owner over lunch once and he told us he had $100K in the build of his. He built it his self! They sure look great looking at it in the rear view mirror (his choice), the widetrack & no struts showing.

Gary

... Is it that the rear springs haven't settled yet,...?

Sorry, but can't let this go w/o comment.

Springs don't 'settle', but the really cheap ones yield such that their free length (and hence working length) shortens, and they should be thrown out immediately.

My Caterham also has an unsightly gap between the tire and fender which I could correct with shorter springs, but there are other tradeoffs to consider, so I live with it. Besides, I can't see the gap from the seat that matters once underway.... :-)

I visited Chris's shop (Sevens and Elans) last week and saw the CSR. Indeed, it's still being assembled. Everything on the car is amazing, from the inboard front suspension to the big-bore headers. I was on the East coast and Chris was nice enough to spend an hour answering question, even though I only bought a few suspension bushings.

-David Lenzi ('90 XFlow Cat)

I think he meant there was 5 of them...as in the extra carried on the back.

• 1 month later...

The 260 CSR at Sevens and Elans is now listed as "sold." Sigh. Another car fantasy bites the dust.

I understand that Caterham USA is putting together a Roadsport 500 tho. As they say:when one car-fantasy door closes, another opens....

• 2 years later...

This car was mostly reassembled in Seattle and then trucked to Denver where they finished all the setup and verification. 8500 Miles. Has the two tops, one full and one half top. Jack kit. Cosworth 2.3 Rolling Barrel Throttle bodies. Full screen with heat and windshield wipers. Right hand drive. Odyssey battery and alloy locking gas cap. Caterham cloth seats and 4 point harness. New speedo. Radar and motion alarm system with pager. Color matched fenders, and chrome headlights.

The fender in getting painted will be done by about Tuesday. The car is in getting detailed back to showroom, as thats where its headed if I don't sell it by Wednesday, then Park Place Motors in Bellevue washington is going to sell it and mark it up from 67k.

Here are a few pics I could dig up quickly.

doublesnaggle

Edited by doublesnaggle