Well I think I am going to sell my 7 Replica

MHKflyer52

Martin, time to advertise. Get some vinyl FS lettering made up to be put on your 7. May be some that say "your butt here" w/ an arrow.

or another that says "If you owned it, you wouldnt be daydreaming right now".

Jon,

Those are some good ideas but not my style although I do like "If you owned it, you wouldnt be daydreaming right now"

:cooldude:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my 7 is still available if anyone might be interested even if it is not a Caterham or Westfield or Birkin it is a lot of fun.

Originally Posted by MHKflyer52 [/url]

Well I think I am going to sell my 7 Replica.

So if anyone is interested I will consider parting ways with my hand built replica 7 that is licensed and titled in the State of California as a 1963 Lotus Seven without any restrictions. I am asking $12500 US dollars and open to all reasonable offers.

If you want to see some of the photos I have of the build and the car follow this link

http://picasaweb.google.com/MHKflyer52/ALotus7Replica#

If you’re interested or know of someone that might be interested let me know as the more I think about it the more I am leaning to sell my 7 so make me an offer.

Contact me at MHKflyer52 at gmail dot com or by PM on this site or by posting on this site.

Edited by MHKflyer52
Changed Price 04-09-13

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Well my 7 is still for sale and needs to find a new home as I have not been driving it all that much and that is not a good thing for any car in my belief.

I was asking $12500 US Dollars but am willing to make someone a good deal within reason if anyone is interested so make me an offer or tell your friends and let them do their bidding.

Edited by MHKflyer52
Changed Price 04-09-13

• 1 month later...

Well my 7 is still for sale and needs to find a new home as I have not been driving it all that much and that is not a good thing for any car in my belief.

Edited by MHKflyer52
Removed E-Bay Ad Number

Just saw that as another friend e-mailed me the link which is great.

I like especially like the description at the end of the Jalopnik article as it dose describe what a 7 is all about in my belief.

"Even if you don't need to add lightness to yourself, slipping behind the wheel of this apparently tidy and sorted Seven will require added lightness to your wallet, to the tune of $16,999. In comparison to a Caterham - the official Seven clone - which usually command $25K-plus, that seems pretty reasonable. Of course, when compared to riding a stolen shopping trolly down a steep hill, which would offer similar sphincter-tightening thrills, that's a lot of money.

But this Seven clone offers many more thrills than does a wire cart from the Piggly Wiggly, and for that we need to consider the value of its price."

Here is a quote from may R&T by Peter Egan on the 50th anniversary of the MGB.

But whenever someone asks me what classic sports car I would choose as a retirement project and a “keeper” that remains permanently satisfying to drive and maintain, the two cars that always come to mind are the MGB and the Lotus Seven—though the Lotus would be less practical as a road car.

Sounds like Martin has a good merger.

Here is a quote from may R&T by Peter Egan on the 50th anniversary of the MGB.

But whenever someone asks me what classic sports car I would choose as a retirement project and a “keeper” that remains permanently satisfying to drive and maintain, the two cars that always come to mind are the MGB and the Lotus Seven—though the Lotus would be less practical as a road car.

Sounds like Martin has a good merger.

Thanks for the nice words.

After reading some of the comments this morning on the Jalopnik site that the readers have left I just figured that they have no clue as to what is a fun car nor what it takes to build one from scratch.

I know I will miss my 7 if and when it sells but it is time to move it on and let someone else have as much fun as I have had with it so if you know of anyone interested in a 7 type car let them know or have them contact me.

• 11 months later...

Well my car is still for sale and I have now reduced the price of my 7 clone / replica / locost / scratch built car as it needs a new home and someone who will have as much fun as I have had with it. I just do not drive it as much as it needs to be driven mainly because I am just to busy with other projects and have to many cars so it just sits.

I am asking $12500.00 (Twelve Thousand Five Hundred) US Dollars and I am open to serious offers from the correct person. If you have any questions please contact me and I will try to answer your questions as best as I can.

:driving:

• 5 months later...
Still for sale and open to serious offers or interesting trades.

Martin,

You really need to write up a detailed description of the car, as just bumping this every few weeks/months is doing your car a dis-service.

Bill S.

Martin,

You really need to write up a detailed description of the car, as just bumping this every few weeks/months is doing your car a dis-service.

Bill S.

You are correct Bill S. so here is that description of my 7.

SOLD

1963 Lotus 7 Replica for SALE asking $12500.00

Built by: Rellek Power Master / Martin Keller

Build start date: May 2003 Build completion date: Feb 2005

Current Title and Registration: State of California (date issued 07-19-07)

(No Restrictions & Smog Exempt) as a 1963 Lotus 7

(8846 miles since completion of build car still being driven on weekends when I have the time.)

Originally titled in Oregon (Feb 2005) and transferred to California in 2007.

Engine: 1800cc BMC (MGB) with a down draft Weber and custom header.

Trans: 1974 MGB GT (four speed synchronized)

Rear differential: 1974 MGB GT (Tube type / drum brakes) (modified, four link / panhard)

Front Spindles: 1974 MGB Kingpins (disc brakes)

Frame: Custom built by Martin Keller, 1”x1”x.065”W tubing (Boxed trans tunnel, steel floor, extra frame members for strength and rigidity.)

Front A-Arms: Custom made to fit MGB kingpins and hubs

Gas Tank: 5.5 gallon spun Aluminum Tank

Nose cone is fiberglass and side and rear skins are Aluminum, Shuttle (dash) is steel. Fenders are steel.

Seats: Kirkey Seats, driver side is adjustable, passenger side fixed, both with five point harness.

Electrical: Painless wiring system, all lights and switches work

Gauges: MGB tachometer and speedometer and generic oil press, elect, water temp and fuel, turn signals and four way flashers.

Weather Gear: None (just not necessary in Southern California)

Contact Martin Keller @ MHKflyer52@gmail.com or phone 1-503-201-1952 (cell) M-S 9am-9pm

All offers will be considered.

Edited by MHKflyer52
SOLD

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have just sold my Lotus 7 Clone to another car nut / person. All I can say at this point is we have come to an applicable settlement just have to finish the deal which will be the transfer from me to the new owner. I guess I will get it out of the garage tomorrow and go for one last drive while it is still my car. Yes it is going to a good home and I am OK with it as it is time to move on.

8a.jpg

SOLD

Martin, must be hard to let your baby go. I could never do it, and I only assembled mine. Hope you still hang around here. :flag::seeya: Tom

Glad for you but sad as well....

Hi Tom and lancylad,

No I am not that hard just time to move on and let someone else have a good time as my car was just sitting around way to much. It will be very interesting to see what the new owner dose with the car to make it his own. I know the new owner well and he is a confirmed car nut and good guy. Not sure if he will join the forum as he is fairly quiet even on another site we both belong too but you never know. I will definitely tell him about the site and the good group of owners I have meet from this site and the information on all 7's that is available through the forum. Yes I will stay a member of the forum as I feel I have a number of friends on the site even if we have not actually met in person as I have with some of the other members and besides I know I will always have a special liking of any type 7 that is out there and who knows maybe another 7 will end up in my garage sometime in the future.