7/5/07 - Drive to the Dragon

Boxologist

I could have two breakfasts? Or you could come to Mrs. Rowe's?

I seriously doubt my family will motivate all that early, so I'm most likely eating breakfast at Mr. Taylors!:D

(BTW, I thought you'd be glad to be rid of those Navarros.)

Two breakfasts it is :thumbs: We'll figure out where on the day.

I'm planning to leave early Friday - around 6am probably - try and beat some of the heat.

Steve.

PS: could you do me a small favor? - I need a close up pic of the side fastener arrangement for the Jill Judd half hood when fitted (the locking studs on the boot cover). I've got the directions from their web site, but would like to see the fasteners in place before I start drilling out any rivets. Thanks!

Steve-

Car is still in the shop for the water rail (was waiting for a hose from UK).

As I recall, they just drilled out the leading most popper and replaced it with a one way boss...then replaced the snap on the boot cover fabric with those back to back snaps.

When I get the car back, I'll shoot it for you.

All, we need to nail down the breakfast meeting time, so we can all plan our start times accordingly.

Steve, can you provide a Google or Yahoo! maps link to Mrs. Rowes? That will help us all plan our departure times from home.

Is everyone OK with arriving at Mrs. Rowes at 8:00 AM? or 9:00 AM?

Please chime in with your preferences. Time is drawing near :hurray:

.Map Link to Mrs. Rowes

You're still around 7 hours from Robbinsville at that point. 400 miles or so, and Mazda you know what that last hour of driving is like. Leaving there at 9 am would have you at Tapoco around 4 pm.

Regarding a time, I need to check with my gracious host about checkout at his fine establishment. I'd say plan on a meet up without me. And if Steve and I make it over, that's just a little extra gravy on your pon haus

Since it's summer time, there is no rush to get there at 4 PM. How about pushing the meeting time to 9AM, and leave Mrs. Rowes' at 10-10:30. Still make it to the dragon by 6 PM. There will still be plenty of daylight left.

Dude- I don't know about you, but I will be in a rush to unload Orange from the trailer and get it on the Dragon! :thumbs:

We'll work something out.

• 2 weeks later...

So I think we have an official rendezvous time and place: 9 AM at Mrs. Rowe's, Staunton VA - just off Route 81.

There's a gas station right there.

I'd say that people should just get a table (in the room to the left) for the size of their individual party when they arrive...too many moving parts to try and do one big table. We'll know who you are by your Speedcats :D.

See you all soon.

Dude- I don't know about you, but I will be in a rush to unload Orange from the trailer and get it on the Dragon! :thumbs:

We'll work something out.

I just want to give you a head start. that's all :rofl:

To those of you starting out from the DC suburbs.... I plan to leave the house at 5:45AM.

I will make a stop at McDonnalds near the intersection of Rt 28 (Sully Rd) and I-66 at 6:30 AM.

I will leave that spot, hopefully with about 2 or 3 others at 6:45, and plan to meet up with the big group at 9:00 AM At Mrs. Rowes in Staunton.