Setting up a Seven - the Ultralite Experience

rnr

We hand out the times on little post-its which I just stick on the dash

I did run over the last cone after the timing beam. But since they didnt notice and it was due to me being lazy and not turning enough I wont add it to my time ;)

Its with the Golden Gate Lotus Club in the Marina Municipal Airport near Monterey.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the 2nd place at Nationals. I have to see if I can get Jim to come out to the Sept 23rd GGLC event. Would be great to have 3 Ultralites there. We also have a track day at Thunderhill on the 25th that Jim and I will be attending.

• 3 weeks later...

Great posts, thanks for all the information on your wheels and tires. Let me know when you are headed out again. I am getting back to track days and solving some wiring problems. I was at Buttonwillow Saturday and Horse Thief the prior week. Ingmar

Great posts, thanks for all the information on your wheels and tires. Let me know when you are headed out again. I am getting back to track days and solving some wiring problems. I was at Buttonwillow Saturday and Horse Thief the prior week. Ingmar

I should add that at this point I am seriously considering going narrower (205/255) for my next set of tires. The current tires are quite heavy and very difficult to get heat into. The tires are barely warm to the touch and have no increase in pressure at an autocross (usually 6 runs). At a track they do heat up on hot days (summer in Buttonwillow and Thunderhill) but are quite difficult to warm up on cold days in Laguna and Infineon. I'm hoping that by going narrower I'll be able to heat them up more easily as well as save some unsprung weight on the car.

• 7 months later...

Couple of videos from yesterdays AutoX at Marina. The first one was my best lap at 38.8s while the second video was on cold tires and the rear end was sliding around all over the place.

• 2 months later...

The weather was the one sucky part of the trip. Had it been 10 degrees cooler it would have been a much more enjoyable trip like the parts I drove down US-199