Fejer Seven Replica on Ebay

11Budlite

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been trying to learn more about this maker without much luck. It looks like they were very into sports car racing but that is all I learned. Does anyone here know more? I am about 6 hours from this car so I am interested if they are known to be any good.

Still looking.

Gary

The race chassis marque of the Fejer brothers (Rudy and George) was called Chinook -- if you add that to your search for "Fejer" it should help turn up quite a bit more info.

Very reputable Toronto-based constructor back in the day, positively dripping with 1960s-1970s racing history at St. Jovite, Mosport, etc.

Besides the Can-Am cars, they built mainly single-seater chassis, from FF1600 all the way up to FA and F5000.

Think they built a few Indy cars, as well.

There is a Chinook-Fejer MK9 formula ford running locally with our vintage race group and it looks very well-built -- certainly on par with the other marques of the era.

The 7 project came later, around 1980 (I think). George Fejer started a standalone company to make the 7 replicas, but they didn't sell very well (partly because he couldn't enter the US market), and the licensing transferred to somebody else in the Toronto area a few years later.

Anyway, the Fejers knew a thing or two about chassis engineering, so this 7 replica is probably pretty well designed.

Hope that helps a bit.

Good luck with the search!

I'm pretty sure I visited the workshop in the early 80's. The bare chassis looked identical, as far as I could tell, to a Lotus S3 chassis, with the same rear suspension as the Lotus (large A-arm to the solid axle). They were using Japanese market Toyota TwinCams, and were selling them in Japan, at least that's what the guy told me. I was only 18 at the time, so it was out of reach, but I'm pretty sure I still have some sales literature from that visit.

---David ('90 Cat SuperSprint DeDion)

I purchased a Fejer 7 in mid March, found on an Canadian classified site. I had the hardest time finding info on them. I've only seen pics of maybe 6 or 8 fejers and have saved all of them. I emailed the owner of this car but he also had little info. You can also try searching "Fefers Bros."

Here are some links to some for their racing history.

http://www.britishracecar.com/MikeKnittel-Chinook-Mk12.htm

http://www.f5000registry.com/chinook.html

DavidL, I would love to get any info you think you may have from your visit to the shop.

My car is solid for being build in the mid 80's. My first drive was the 2hrs. home from the seller house (with a borrowed dealer plate) And drove great, and is in the process fo getting some...Updates.

I would be happy to send you any pics/info I have, let me know.

There is quite a nice history of the Fejer people and cars in the book: "Lotus Seven& the Independents: Featuring the Lotus Seven and a History of the World's Independent Builders"

by Dennis Ortenburger

Does anyone have this book and a scanner, so they could email it to me???

There is quite a nice history of the Fejer people and cars in the book: "Lotus Seven& the Independents: Featuring the Lotus Seven and a History of the World's Independent Builders"

by Dennis Ortenburger

Coincidently, saw my first Fejer in the flesh today.

It looked a decent car for the $12000 the owner said he had in it, but a couple of things caught my eye:

1. brake fluid reservoirs were mounted about one inch away from the headers, and below the cylinders.

2. steering column had about a one foot long section of flex shaft (instead of universal joints) to get around the headers.

1. His header must be a little different then mine...they are close, but not that close. I did built and alum. heat sheild that covers the top of everything brake related.., for piece of mind.

2. Every one i've seen has that flex shaft?? You would think that the car would get loose on you going over bumps...but it dosen't??.. Again, I still have good space, and could easily install a U joint with lots of clearance from the header.

Coincidently, saw my first Fejer in the flesh today.

It looked a decent car for the $12000 the owner said he had in it, but a couple of things caught my eye:

1. brake fluid reservoirs were mounted about one inch away from the headers, and below the cylinders.

2. steering column had about a one foot long section of flex shaft (instead of universal joints) to get around the headers.

• 3 weeks later...