New Build

xcarguy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Your going to love that Rotrex. I like the bracket. Did you design it or does someone make it? Im not sure what your redline is on your engine be sure to spin the Rotrex to its full potential and then use a blow off valve to bleed boost over 7 psi. This will help the unit build boost lower in the rpm range. You will start to see boost begin to build at about 2500 rpm. If you spin it to slow the boost wont build until later in the rpm range and you wont get the full potential of the unit. The car is looking pretty sharp Im partial to your color combo.

The transmission is a Quaife sequential 6-speed. I ditched the Subaru diff for a Sierra unit w/ 3.92 gears. The Quaife unit ratios start at around 2.4 and finish with .87 I think the Sierra gearing will be suited for the 6-speed and will better support the additional torque and hp produced by the Rotrex. As for the supercharger setup, it’s being developed by Ricardo Vega at Focus Performance in the L. A. area. Ricardo has experience with Duratec/Rotrex combinations. The bracket is a mockup unit and isn’t in the final stage of development as of yet. Glad you like the color. I’ll post the progress. Still hoping to have the car ready for the Southwest Sevens Festival in May.

:driving:

What kind of horsepower and torque are you expecting with that block/head/supercharger combination, based on the builder's past experience?

Why did you decide to not use the 2.3 Duratec block?

• 1 month later...

Speedhut gauges with Savage Trilogy switches. For the mean time, ditching the Rotrex project in favor of AT Power TB's until after May (I want to make the 7 festival).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ditto. I think it stacks up well against any se7en out there. I really like the contrast with the single bright color and all of the black. Is the engine-supercharger combo operational, tuned the way you want? How much power? Any idea what it weighs? What abt some more engine bay photos:)?