New Build

xcarguy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

That car looks like mine, but with some of the mods I want: smaller black headlamps, brooklands (or other short screen). Would be interested in seeing what it weighs. probably about the same. I am at 1229 without fuel.

I don't seem to see the brooklands with a powder coat option on the link. Any advice?

Nice job Shane..!!! Really like the color combination and nice touches with the powder coated Splitter and Brooklands.

Hope all is going well with you and the family.

Jack

I don't seem to see the brooklands with a powder coat option on the link. Any advice?

I rang them in the UK. Really good guys to chat with. They do it as a special order. No point providing my quoted price to you as I have a fat bastard car whereas your Birkin is svelte!

Jack,

Nice to hear from you. All is well . . . and very busy with school starting back.

As for powdercoating the Brooklands, any powdercoating facitilty should be able to handle this, but make sure you only powdercoat where you want and not where you don't; such as inside the frames where the glass is held and mounting threads. It's very difficult to remove once applied. Any pre-drilled/pre-sized holes will have to be redrilled as the powdercoat will decrease the hole size.

• 2 months later...

Wow, beautiful car. I don't usually like the brighter greens but the CF makes a great contrast. I especially like the black powdercoat for the lights and other fittings.