Looking for a Birkin S3

rag1998

Rag,

Are looking to build your own or purchase one already built? Southwest event coming up at the end of May; there will be Birkins at the event. Contact Dick Brink at http://texasmotorworks7.com/Home.aspx :troll:

I am trying to purchase a built one, sadly wont be able to attend the event as I am getting married around the same time!! Brink is looking out for me too!

Hey, I lusted from age 16 or so til age 60, when I (barely) finally had enough $. Up til then it was pay back school loans, get married, have a child, get divorced, pay child support, upgrade apartment, get remarried, have more kids, buy a house, furnish it, buy practical cars, get the 3 guys thu college, etc. It all made the purchase that much sweeter, even my my ripe old age.

Edited by Kitcat

Hey, I lusted from age 16 or so til age 60, when I (barely) finally had enough $. Up til then it was pay back school loans, get married, have a child, get divorced, pay child support, upgrade apartment, get remarried, have more kids, buy a house, furnish it, buy practical cars, get the 3 guys thu college, etc. It all made the purchase that much sweeter, even my my ripe old age.

Thanks for the words of encouragement & comfort! I feel really bad, that I wasn't able to follow through on a deal that I committed to buying and that I am not getting a 7. Was all because of my stupid bank where the representative thought I was just getting normal car loan and pre-approved me, even though I mentioned several times that I am getting a kit car and not a normal car, now their VP decided not to follow through and throw me under the bus even when its not my mistake and I was going to put down more than half value of the car. I guess like someone said Shit Happens!!

You are very patient, and definitely did the right thing. Since, being 25 and having my head in my right foot, I am not that patient, and am looking to get into a 7 by end of this year/early next year, without any financing!!

Thanks again for the encouraging words!! I need a :chillpill:

Don't give up yet. There are some financial institutions out there that will finance kit cars. Look around on the internet and in Kit Car Builder magazine. Try a credit union. Lots of options.

• 2 years later...
shellyarkow - You may want to consider creating a new post with photos instead of resurrecting an old thread. Best wishes with your sale.

to be a member , right..?

I think it would be better to just let anybody post info on a 7 for sale without having to pay.Many ads posted are not member cars anyways but cars that they have seen, which is good.

It would be better to do that than have ppl post said listing via hijacking an old thread , or in a forum category that is free and available to them but not accurate.

Edited by rikker

Specs as follows: Power-Z-tec 2L DOHC

Rear Axle Toyota pickup truck 4.10:1

Front spindles and brakes VW

Alinum 12 gal fuel tank modified to accommodate ford pump

All master cylinders -Gerling

Hydraulic Clutch- Howe Engineering(Beaverton Mich) used in ASA stock cars

Clutch disc Sachs super HD

Goodrich Euro sport 1.95x50x15

Comp seat belt and shoulder harness on driver side /removable steering wheel (speedway motors)

Ford type 5-s speed tranny

Complete canvas included

Special tools I made to aid in service work including engine removal etc 2000miles on odometer

Ford computer diagnostic plug under hood

I assembled the car having built many USAC roundy round cars over past 30 years

Car has been inspected and vin # installed by Ohio Highway Patrol and insured by Progressive. Many modifications to enhance reliability such as relocating starter to opposite side and using stock Ford . Original will go with car.

This is a driver.-Asking $22,000.00 Must sell due to failing health.

Edited by shellyarkow
add more specs

• 5 months later...