Westy turbo

westy turbo

Hey John,order went o ohlins as far as have them stock lengths but 2 defferent sets of springs in every corner that i choose.they had the data any way.even though i have them for months,they going back for some changes that iam thinking with my tuner to do as far as the rear mounting points,

Aris ,where did you buy the Ohlins?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohlins used to be majority owned by Yamaha, but this changed years ago. I believe they are self owned, but could be wrong.

I purchased a set of custom valved 3-way TTX shocks from Ohlin for my Birkin. The cars not down yet so I haven't had the chance to try them yet, but looking forward to it. I've used shocks from Ohlins race bikes, sleds and mountain bikes (licenced to Cane Creek) but never for 4 wheels. The technology in the TTX series shocks is pretty awesome and they are work of art, but not cheap.

Ohlins used to be majority owned by Yamaha, but this changed years ago. I believe they are self owned, but could be wrong.

I purchased a set of custom valved 3-way TTX shocks from Ohlin for my Birkin. The cars not down yet so I haven't had the chance to try them yet, but looking forward to it. I've used shocks from Ohlins race bikes, sleds and mountain bikes (licenced to Cane Creek) but never for 4 wheels. The technology in the TTX series shocks is pretty awesome and they are work of art, but not cheap.

Yamaha still owns 75% of Ohlins. TTX on a Seven, cant be many out there with them on! Maybe if I win the lottery:)

Yamaha still owns 75% of Ohlins. TTX on a Seven, cant be many out there with them on! Maybe if I win the lottery:)

Last I heard was that is late 2007 Ohlins bought back 95% from Yamaha. Has this changed since then?

The T5 so far is really good to me as i had issues with the bm short shift,the one with the 2 adjusters,second and third were grinding,but not with the stock tower,might be the syncrhos though as it is a common one,was considering semi helical gear kit from gearboxman,but might "save" :) for an elite or quaife,

The T5 so far is really good to me as i had issues with the bm short shift,the one with the 2 adjusters,second and third were grinding,but not with the stock tower,might be the syncrhos though as it is a common one,was considering semi helical gear kit from gearboxman,but might "save" :) for an elite or quaife,

I would like to find a 5 speed helical with perfect ratios that can take the torque and fit in to the tunel.

I prefer to have 2.527 on first

http://www.gearboxman.co.uk/infot5.html

E-mailed gearboxman and the Quaife G58 should handle 500 Nm in a ligth car

http://www.gearboxman.co.uk/psgearboxes.html#30

But should handle... I want to be sure! BGH told me that the E7 box should handle my power, but it did not:( The BMW 525/530 Diesel box that I have now will cope with more power than what I have and will ever have, but the ratios are not good.

A friend of mine has The G60 sequential on his car. Its noisy:( Quaife told him the the box is good for 450 Nm, on the website they state 300 ft/lbs so I guess hes on the limit.

Anyway, maybe a T5 with a new gearset/kit from gearboxman will bee a good alternative. I like the ratios, quite good to my 3:14 diff.

Today Its about 230 km/h as fifth gear has 1.0 and engine cuts rews at 6300. If I change to 0.86 on fifth it can reach around 263. I´m changing the valve springs and the head is getting ported, so the top speed will increase anyway.

But I´m not after top speed. The old box had 0.87 on fifth and was great on the highway, and first vas 2,66 and was nearly perfekt. The BMW box has 4.21 on first! wich makes it nearly useless.

The close ratio gearkit from gearboxman has 2,57 on first and 0.87 on fifth.

Wich means that on first I can reach around 100 km/h on first at 7000 rpm.

Wich is nice when launching from stand still.