FORSALE 2007 Caterham CSR260

doublesnaggle

Guest speedcraft

it looks like a wonderful car and thanks for offering it to the community first. i agree with the others in that caterham values are always a matter of the seller's and buyer's motivation at the time.

from the opportunity i had to sample a CSR, it drives more like a modern sports car...soaks up bumps etc easily but whether its the ultimate Caterham is a matter of preference? theres a charm in the live axle chassis and the dedion ones as well, let alone all the engine choices that are out there to create that perfect car for the owner.

anyways, beautiful car and hopefully the right buyer is out there looking at the same time.

one thing thats common is the passion for these cars. this forum is one of the last gentlemens forums and hope it stays that way.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget to add our Friendly Washington State Sales Tax which was pushing almost 9% back then. Puts a real damper on people who like to cycle through cars.

If you live in Washington, you'll have to pay the tax on anything you try and license here, no matter where you bought it. If you are an out of state resident, then you don't have to pay the sales tax.

No, the tax is paid by the purchaser; the seller does not have to pay a tax.. If the car is sold out of state there is no Washington tax applied.

As Luckcy Dawg said, even if one purchased a vehicle in another state and moves here a tax (not a sales tax, another term is used) is applied. It is only if the purchase is recent (I think within a year) and also, I think, if a sales tax wasn't applied in the state of purchase. The main reason for this was people crossing the border to Oregon and purchasing their cars there and bringing it back into Washinton. Oregon doesn't have a sales tax.

When I moved here from Oregon 12 years ago, I didn't have to pay the tax on my truck as it had been over a year since I had purchased it.

Now back to our regular programming - Good luck with the sale. I might swing by Park Place and drool on your car (I promise to wipe it off).

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, car is out of detail and is officially for sale. Added up all the receipts and figured out the exchange rates blah blah. My family paid over 125,000.00 dollars for the car in 2007!!!! Its amazing to see all the receipts add up. All the little shipping fees, import fees, shipping to and from Denver. On and on and on. Oh well...

Here is the link to the sale and the pics.

http://www.parkplaceltd.com/all-cars/detail/2007-Caterham-LOTUS-7-CSR260/282/SDKRCKRNS70060324/~/Make_Caterham~ModelActual_~Year_/1

I'm going out and buy a lottery ticket. A great car for a very reasonable price.

The only thing I would change would be to convert it to LHD. I've been down that RHD road before and didn't like it.

The seven scrubbed up nicely in those photos. I do like a yellow seven.

I think a prospective purchaser should try and live with the RHD first. I flip back and forth between US, UK, Germany and Australia all the time. Apart from the odd time of getting into the passenger seat and wondering where the steering wheel has gone or todays trick where I put the window down trying to change gear, I think it is fairly easy to switch back and forth. I would recommend an Ez-pass or similar e-toll tag though :D

The seven scrubbed up nicely in those photos. I do like a yellow seven.

I think a prospective purchaser should try and live with the RHD first. I flip back and forth between US, UK, Germany and Australia all the time. Apart from the odd time of getting into the passenger seat and wondering where the steering wheel has gone or todays trick where I put the window down trying to change gear, I think it is fairly easy to switch back and forth. I would recommend an Ez-pass or similar e-toll tag though :D

But surely it is more a question of if you are driving closest to the curb in any country. I do not think LHD or RHD really makes much of a dif on their home turf, ( tho after learning and using RHD in UK for 15 years I thought it was maybe nicer to have steering input with my right hand and shift left) .The obvious biggest problem, jokes aside about drive thrus and toll boothes ,has to be overtaking (passing), I hate to even rely on a passenger to check if my way is clear, let alone bump him/her out a few feet and listen to their opinion, or just go for it blind;partic in a 7 that absolutely hates to sit behind anything on the road for more than 12 seconds.

• 5 months later...

Noticed this car is currently offered for sale at Park Place LTD, in Bellevue, Washington for $64,950. Click on "pre-owned", then "general inventory", then "Caterham"(how many dealers have a Caterham category?). I just bought an '03 Zetec Caterham from them. They were a pleasure to work with.

Edited by Kitcat

Noticed this car is currently offered for sale at Park Place LTD, in Bellevue, Washington for $64,950. Click on "pre-owned", then "general inventory", then "Caterham"(how many dealers have a Caterham category?). I just bought an '03 Zetec Caterham from them. They were a pleasure to work with.

Perhaps this would be a good addition to your expanding collection!

Guest Terry
Terry - Do the CSRs cost that much more north of the border? Or is the owner having that many options?

Carbon - carbon - carbon

Mike - The '03 is still listed. Looks like you got a fantastic deal! It mentions pushrod inboard rear suspension. I'm thinking that is an error in the description? It's an S3, right?

Steve

Steve, yes, no ABS (LOL!) or inboard suspension.

Such mis-descriptions are what happens when non-se7en types list both a CSR and a S3. It does have everything you'd ever want for tracking tho, incl full cage, dry sump, big brake kit, 21 gallon fuel cell, full body race seat w/helmet wings, lap timer, 4 sets of tires wheels (full rain, lite rain 2x slicks).

I agree, I got a fantastic deal for so much kit, and they are splitting cost of shipping it. Hopefully I will have in time for NJMP.

Mike M.

• 2 weeks later...