MichaelD

For those that have not driven Summit Point Main here are a few videos:

:lurk: :party:

[/color][/size][/font][/url] Folis Jones – Birkin his best 1:26:62:auto:

[/color][/size][/font][/url] S2000 lap record 124:03 Lousy sound

[/color][/size][/font][/url] GTS3 Fast lap 1:20:495

[/color][/size][/font][/url] TTA Track Record 1:23:08 2009

[/color][/size][/font][/url] New TTA Record 1:20:337 2010

[/color][/size][/font][/url] Chris Cobetto Director NASA Mid Atlantic 3 time Ntl Champion

[/color][/size][/font][/url] NASA advanced group in a Corvette

[/color][/size][/font][/url] me three years ago HPD3

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting the videos Michael! It is always good to see that I am not the only one who deals with irrational slower cars! What engine/transmission has Folis got in his car? It seemed to boogie along pretty quickly.

Folis has a Zetec developed to the nth degree. Ditto his Birkin.

Folis is in his mid 70's. He proves that old age just gives you more time to go racing.

Michael, the hood ornament in the Caterham video looks suspiciously familiar. Car wudda gone a lot faster if both Caterham headlights were sideways:).

Edited by Kitcat

Folis is now 76. I usually only get to see his car from the rear when we are on track. His Zetec was developed and tuned by Abacus Racing in Suffolk VA. ECU developed for him by MegaSquirt and it puts out about 245 - 255 HP, Quaife Sequential trans. It is really a beautiful, well cared for car with lots of TLC and ingenuity from Folis.

Ron,

Not to worry. you will be fine. Scott Lentz signed up today. He said Gp 3 had 17 cars so gar. The cut off is 35 per group. It looks like we will have 8 or 9 Sevens (owners) in our group.

Michael - Impressive achievement to get that many sevens together. I am sorry I will not be in the country for this event but I am sure that you will have a few drinks for me in the evening :D Make sure someone gets some good video!

• 3 weeks later...

Redgoose has to cancel do to the fact that it will be fathers day and i must be at family affair that day..sucks for me..hope to see most of you at njmp the following week

Fathers day should be for the "FATHER". They should support you. You have been supporting them their entire life. :-)

Bring the family to Summit Point.

Sorry you can't make it.