So did Santa get you anything for your 7?

Mondo

Santa contracted out a rebuild for the engine to the Easter Bunny, and a starter rebuild to the thanksgiving Fairy over the last year.

He'll contract out a Torque reduction starter to one of his agents this spring..maybe.

m

Not for the se7en but for the se7en owner, Toly Arutunoff's car book:"One Off".

It starts: "This book is dedicated to those who start smiling and then grinning, when they approach an interesting car. There are others, also involved with cars, who don't. You know who you are."

Of course, Toly was a se7en owner, among (many/many) others. And his book is an entertaining, fascinating read.

Santa didn't bring any of the things I didn't want!

No big tires and mags, Santa delivered stock wheels with hubcaps!

No overpowered V-6 or 8, Santa delivered the original F4-134 Hurricane motor, rebuilt!

No modified suspension, Santa delivered the original ride height!

No bucket seats with harnesses, Santa delivered originals reupholstered with lap belts!

No roll bars or cages, Santa delivered just a windshield for the open air experience!

No aftermarket lights and accessories to clutter a stock 1960 Willys CJ-5!

Thanks Santa!

Driving the car today was quite the present in itself. I got a trapper hat and some driving gloves. I'm now good to 20F-- No weather gear. And yes, I've been driving the 7 all winter so far. There has been no real snow, and they have yet to gravel the roads. There is some salt here and there so, with the cold tires and that I have to be careful on the turns (I just lost traction on a straight shifting into 4th at 60 with limited slip. Thats a first) I still get a cold nose, but thats fine.

Santa brought me some time to work on the hubs so that I can install the new wheels I bought earlier this year:

Preparing to install new (longer) wheel studs:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6567541931_eb94ecc2a7_b.jpg

Home made hub-centric wheel spacers taking shape:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7002/6567555623_d25f19bfa9_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7008/6567560667_cb35a66ca4_b.jpg

I'm looking forward to a blat with the new shoes installed later this week.

Nothing for my Seven, but he did give us 5 great days of weather over Christmas and I managed to get out in the car for a couple of blats, Santa did bring me a new home theater amp though which is a Onkyo 709 which is great as I needed a upgrade after 15 years with my Yamaha amp.

Got a new GoPro Hero II with the option for two outboard microphones. I've been using an original HDHero and the sound sucks sooooo bad I only watch any track footage with the sound turned off. Now all I have to do is figure out which mic's and where to put them. Oh, and start taking ginko or whatever so I actually remember to turn it on before going on track. LOL.

Was watching some downloads from RNR's data logger at the last track day (very interesting how he can pick any corner, or any part of a corner and compare it to the different laps etc.) and think I may play "Santa" to myself some time in the near future and invest in one. I already know there is LOTS of room for improvement in my driving and I'm a slow learner so it will probably help the learning curve improve.

Happy New Year and fun filled trouble free 7'ing to All!!

Santa brought me a new (to me) Locost with Yamaha R1 engine. Then he filled my stocking with a new GoPro HeroII camera to go with it.

I'm in the process of registering the Locost on the street and scheduling some trackdays here in Southern California. Has anyone done the VARA Driving School before?

Aaron