2002 Birkin S3 for Sale

Marine7

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliments. Perhaps the BIN should have been higher, but in the end if the buyer and sellers are both happy with the result its a win-win. I've had a lot of questions from bidders and there is a lot of time left in the auction so anything can happen.

happy bidding.

Jason

At the rate bidding is going, it will be up to the BIN before the weekend is over. ;)

At least the auction winner is a forum member... me :D Jason is fabulous to work with! Best wishes to him on future projects.

I can't wait for the transport truck to roll up in a week or two :party:

For registration, I tried calling DMV several times today to see if any of the 2012 sequence numbers were available. After one call being on hold for 45 min (literally) they hung up on me. Fingers crossed that I don't have to wait until January to make it "legal".

Congratulations SDaddy on a great car at a great price! It is nice to see the car go to a fellow forum member.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to being an an active participant / contributor to the forum!

Yep S Daddy got a great deal on a great car. I wish I could say I dont feel a bit of remorse about selling the car, but I know full well that I'll own another seven one day. I've got to get this crazy Morgan thing out of my system.

As an added twist, since the Morgan is a 6 month min lead time, the house Gunny approved the purchase of Millie the MG. Here's a shot of the two new friends... Barry Benson the Birkin meets Millie. Barry is off to his new digs out west next week. I'm confident he's in good hands.

Cheers

Jason

Birkin and MGA.jpg

Yep S Daddy got a great deal on a great car. I wish I could say I dont feel a bit of remorse about selling the car, but I know full well that I'll own another seven one day. I've got to get this crazy Morgan thing out of my system.

As an added twist, since the Morgan is a 6 month min lead time, the house Gunny approved the purchase of Millie the MG. Here's a shot of the two new friends... Barry Benson the Birkin meets Millie. Barry is off to his new digs out west next week. I'm confident he's in good hands.

Cheers

Jason

Jason,

As a side note, I've got a 2 owner 59 MGA Coupe just getting ready to leave the shop on Monday. painted it a nice, period correct, Dove Gray. Will post a picture tomorrow when I get back down there.

Bill S.

I think you can make a perfectly rational argument for trading out your "fun"

car every 12 months or so for something else that is fantastic. Why limit yourself to a se7en when there are so many other tantalizing cars begging to be sampled? So the Birkin/MG/Morgan route makes total sense to me.

The Referee did ask me to add a PCV hose which meant I had to go home, make the change and (after calling in to making another appointment) bring the car back.

Hi Nick O'Teen,

I will be going through the smog inspection process in the next few weeks. What engine is in your car? Any info you can provide will be very helpful in making sure I have no PCV issues with my Zetec.

The engine is a 2004 Ford Zetec SVT unit.

The referee had me add a 5/8" PCV hose between the back of the valve cover and the air filter. That was the only addition needed.

I removed the small K&N breather filter from the fitting at the back of the valve cover and ran the hose from there to a fitting I added to the top of the air filter.

Make sure you use either hose that is rated for PCV or fuel. If you use heater hose the referee won't pass it.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2rmnx41.jpg

Edited by Nick O'Teen

This for sale thread has migrated a bit, but... the K&N filters fitted to the Jenvery TB's have a hole already drilled to accept a fitting. Should be a very simple fix. I would also plumb the crankcase vent to the same pipe with a t-fitting. Again, very simple and likely to "fall off" right after inspection.

Cheerio

Jason A