Stalker #85 headed back to Arkansas

xcarguy

Well, it's old news now, but I've purchased my old car back from Mike Sharkey, who originally bought the car from me with it being about 80% complete at the time of purchase. Mike did a great job of finishing the car and it should be back in hand by Tuesday, August 7. The photos below are recent shots taken by Mike that he sent to me. The car will be arriving with 15" wheels/tires. A set of 17" wheels/tires (see pic below) will be arriving with the car as Mike had plans of installing these at a later date. I have ideas for sourcing fenders, but will graciously and humbly entertain yours ideas as well.

Here's a link to my original build site:

http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=5938

IMG_3024.jpg

003.jpg

011.JPG

019.jpg

Edited by xcarguy

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Dean G.,

No, you haven't been missing anything. These fenders (originally designed for the WCM Ultralite) are flush at the bottom of my car (forward of the tire) and truly do hang down below the rear quarter; larger, longer fender. All things considered, this was the best fitment I could come up with that served the purposes of both form and function. I’ll post a few more pics (side view) which shows the flush portion forward of the tire along with the overhang in the rear. Future plans call for adding a rear difusser to 'tie' it all together.

a (54).jpg

a (55).jpg

a (56).jpg

a (58).jpg

Edited by xcarguy

WCM fenders installed w/ Center Line 17" wheels: 4" backspacing both front and rear; 8x17 front; 9.5x17 rear. Tires are Nitto NT-01: 225/45-17 front; 255/40-17 rear.

065.jpg

098.jpg

103.jpg

107.jpg

Edited by xcarguy

Yes. Mike gave me a very spirited ride. Car is fantastic. I was most impressed by the no drama acceleration. Car was mad.

I post some photos on the Brunton web gallery #156.

My car runs, now it's just a matter of finding time to get bodywork together.

Email me anytime. bonjo2 at gmail dot com

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

#85 has been down for winter projects. Thought I'd share a couple of before/after photos betweeen July of 2012 and now. Most noticeable changes are wheels/tires, fenders and Brooklands. What isn't readily noticeable is the complete rewiring of the car (thanks for the challenge, Mike :ack:. Yes, I'm poking fun at you).

#85 2013 (1).jpg

compare 5.jpg

electrical 66.jpg

electrical 67.jpg

• 1 month later...