Stalker #85 headed back to Arkansas

xcarguy

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
You bringing that bad boy to the gathering in Gove, OK June 6-9???? Russ

I wish; got family commitments (vacation, etc). Maybe next time around. :willy_nilly:

Does the rear get any lower at speed w/ the downforce? What's the ground clearance for the diffuser? Mince up some squirrels.

As for down force, don’t know yet; still ALL THEORY. Doing a HPDE on June 1 at MSR Cresson . . . we’ll see. I’ll keep a keen eye out for small, furry rodents. :ack:

Edited by xcarguy

What size wheels and tires for track. They look like Summit Racing 15x10? I was thinking of picking up a set but was concerned about clearance in front with 275/35's

Bonjo2,

You are correct: SR 15x10 along with Avon tires 10.7 x 21.5 x 15 (A11 compound). I picked up the tires from Roger Kraus Racing:

http://www.rogerkrausracing.com/

(510) 582-5031

If you call, ask for Roger personally.

X

4th/last try. Not sure why my PM or post aren't working.

BS 4.5? Rub issues? I need a little more in rear. BFG drag radials amazing, but shut off instantly and without warning. 2k miles. Need more.

I've not had time to install my rear diffuser or front splitter, yet.. Love your car and posts. an Inspiration.

Today was an amazing day. After boring day work, took car for a run to clear mind, ran into a ZR1 with a good driver. I smoked him in 3rd (not instantly, after 4 good mountain turns) but then had issues under braking.. After the fourth or fifth heated entry, fronts got slick, like front brakes were no more.. Thankfully the other guy was cool and didn't rear me. Sparkle Blue ZR1 on Limkin road. Awesome car. ZR1 is nuts..

So, I need to work on cooling under 45mph, and now brake fade. Car is nuts. Close to 500 bph flywheel and 1600lbs.. Like a sport bike. But, any time under 45mph the heat jumps from 205 to 230...

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to extend a special thanks to Ryan Li of the North Texas Lotus Club for taking the time to come out and shoot a few pics; that's his awesome Isotope Green Exige parked next to my car.

Cresson on track (4).jpg

Cresson track side (1).jpg

Cresson track side (3).jpg

Cresson track side (4).jpg

Cresson track side (5).jpg

Edited by xcarguy

Great photos. What wheel/tire combo are you running on the Stalker? Really suits the car well and gives it a good stance.

Croc,

For negotiating the not-so-great roads of south AR, I run the following on the street:

Center Line Wheels and Nitto NT01 tires (dry road only)

17 x 8 front with 225/45ZR17 and 17 x 9.5 rear with 255/40ZR17

The 17” wheel/tire combo (see photo below) gives me just over an extra inch of ground clearance for speed bumps, etc. When I go to the track, I switch to the following:

10 x 15 wheels (Summit Racing) with Avon 10.7 x 21.5 x 15, A-11 compound (all four corners). This combo reduces the tire diameter from almost 24" down to 21.5" which is a great height for the 1.7mi track at Cresson. I'm running the 15" slicks based on Roger Kraus's recommendation for my car's weight and power.

I run the SR wheels as they came while the CL wheels have been powder coated—I hate having to polish anything.

IMG_5589a.jpg

Edited by xcarguy

• 2 months later...

Well, after a lengthy—and very informative—discussion with the folks at SNL Performance (LSx gurus) in Dallas, TX, I decided it best to run the PCV system full-time rather than completely delete it for track-day use. I revamped my PCV file accordingly.

:deadhorse::smash::banghead:

http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=23806

Well, sometimes modifications work as expected. With the oil pan baffle, windage tray ( deflector shield, as GM calls it) and 6 quarts of oil in the engine (5.5 quarts normal), I ran six twenty-minute sessions on Saturday at MSR Cresson (1.7ccw) and experienced absolutely no low oil pressure light illumination. Oil pressure, per the gauge, remained at a 50 psi minimum during LH turns throughout the day.

At the end of the day, the dip stick reported an approximate 4 ounce loss. I recovered approximately 3 ounces form the catch can on my oil/air separator. The LS6 PCV seems to work as well as, if not better than, expected.

:party::party::party:

Here’s a short video of the recovery:

. . . I will soon be researching what if anything needs to be run differently for an LS3.

I'm not familiar with the LS3, but I can only imagine the PCV system is equal to or, better yet, improved over the LS6 design.