Stalker #85 headed back to Arkansas

xcarguy

Thats awesome!

I'm not quite there yet, but I will soon be researching what if anything needs to be run differently for an LS3.

I installed an Elite Engineering catch can. Here's a link to their installation instructions...

http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/template/pdf/Catch_Can_Install_Corvette_LS3.pdf

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Nice, clean install. Being that my catch can was originally for a late model Camaro, I still have the beautiful milled aluminum spacer left over. Gotta' find something to use it in. :)

Edited by xcarguy

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, more 'man cave' madness. :smash: I've ditched my aluminum wings (one of last year's winter projects) in favor of carbon fiber units (one of this year's winter projects). The two photos below are the end result. The rear wing, in comparison, was relatively easy to install using existing mounting hardware and roll bar brackets already in place. The front wing required extensive modification, help from a neighbor and several pots of coffee. :banghead::deadhorse:

The link below is to the wings build file in Gallery; once opened, there are separate sub-files for the front and rear wings respectively:

http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=24683

:svengo:

IMG_7890.jpg

IMG_7898.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing this winged Stalker at NJMP in July. I think the wings are why some call it a "stork"er, right?:).

Just be sure you stay on track" that beautiful front wing won't last long in some of the rockpiles they call run-off areas there!

For those with LSX-powered buggies (and others contemplating a similar engine mod), I've updated my oil baffle install file in the Stalker Gallery (see the link) with the addition of a crank scraper install. :ack:

http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=23147

:svengo:

IMG_8056.jpg

IMG_8061.jpg

Edited by xcarguy

If you are like me, you love your Brooklands and wouldn’t part with them and simply choose to live with the wind that finds its way underneath the opening. In an effort to block said wind between the Brooklands and the scuttle, I came up with the idea of placing something in front of the opening; yes, I know . . . a very ‘not-so-original’ idea :toetap05: . . . . But still. So, what I did :smash:, while perhaps not the most attractively aesthetic mod, was to use a hood scoop (see build file link below) originally designed for an outlaw sprint car and transform it (some of it . . . . very little of it) into ‘Brooklands Windscreens Wind Deflectors’; yep, a lot of time and energy went into coming up with that name, and name and product are entering into copy write and patent as I type. :jester: But seriously, the mod is very simple and completely effective at deterring the unwanted wind. This is one mod where I personally (highly) favored function over form. So, if you have Brooklands and want to ‘cut’ some wind . . . . :ack:

http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=25040

IMG_8164.jpg

I'm not a drug user, but after reading that post I understand how they must feel.

That said, it does look good ........ enjoy! :cheers:

I went back and reread it; blacked out about half way through . . . . drugs might be easier. :iagree: