MightyMike's Stalker V8

MightyMike

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for the kind words. It's been a fun build. I think I'll be looking to find it a new home soon.

MightyMike, I re-reviewed all of your build photos and this car has undergone an amazing transformation since you started the project back in 2012. Have your thoughts to sell this jewel arisen from the completion of just about anything you could do to the Storker? It is really the finest example of a pre-M-Spec that I have ever seen and I owned a pretty well sorted, beautiful and marvelously functioning one from Kirk Coryn in #156 with the additional help over the years from Scott Minehart at his shop that is nearby. As you probably know, Kirk is a nationally recognized cabinet/furniture maker who built #156 as a project to ward off boredom in his spare times many years ago.

If I hadn't recently obtained the finest Stalker XL I have ever seen or driven with an LS3/480, I would be looking at MapQuest to see what route to take to get to your door . Bob

Edited by Astro Bob

I’ve had the pleasure of seeing (and cruising in) Mike’s car. It’s an absolute pristine build. The build is very well thought out, and the craftsmanship superb. Stellar build.

From you last 2 builds, seems that's where your passion lies (building/tinkering). If you ever find something that interests you and it includes a top and A/C I'll definitely be watching.... and saving money to buy it when your done enjoying it. Heck, I really like watching anything you build. Look forward to you next project.

I’ve had the pleasure of seeing (and cruising in) Mike’s car. It’s an absolute pristine build. The build is very well thought out, and the craftsmanship superb. Stellar build.

Shane, It's funny that you were the person that seconded my thoughts about Mike's car because I had thought last night that your rebuild also represents one of the finest Stalkers that I have seen. Of course, you had to take a short flight to determine that you needed to rebuild that beauty.

Wow! From the bottom of my heart, thanks to each of you for the kind words. Building my Storker has been a wonderful journey. Over the years, Glen and Scott Minehart provided me with tremendous assistance and answered so many questions. I have gained so much knowledge and inspiration from other USA7 members’ builds. I have been on the fence about selling my car for some time now, but think it’s time for someone else to enjoy this car. I will probably list my car on USA7s first and then try possibly try BaT. Not sure what’s next, but have been thinking about a Factory Five ‘35 Ford Pickup or restomod 50’s pickup (with badass LS of course).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Mike for building such a great car. I am still on my way back to CA. It takes a while to drive 1250 miles in a Seven. Spending the night in Reno and hope to be back in SF tomorrow.

http://www.usa7s.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=15742&stc=1

E312B6FB-F6B2-4004-9CA0-BC52CEEA34AC.jpg

Oh wow! I didn't even see an ad and this sold. After so much work to get it to the perfect state it is in, this has got to hurt to let it go.

Mike, Probably a bittersweet moment. It now allows MightyMike to contemplate his next build which for craftsman with his skills has got to be an exciting time. RNR got one of the very last Brunton Stalker Classic chassis and one that had been sorted and re-sorted for what looks like about a 7 year span and hundreds if not more than a thousand hours of thought and crafting. RNR got a real jewel of a car. Having owned a couple of the Classic Storkers, I had never seen a build that was cleaner and/or more thought out. BTW, the paint was BEAUTIFUL!

Oh wow! I didn't even see an ad and this sold. After so much work to get it to the perfect state it is in, this has got to hurt to let it go.

It was tough to let it go, just like my last Birkin. I'm relieved the car went to a nice home.

• 2 years later...

Mike, I appreciate your weight disparity.  See attached.

1690441348_alaskossiemog.thumb.jpg.5015100eba2ef404cf9f277905a06114.jpg

AlaskossieSeven and 'Mog in AK.pdfSeven and 'Mog in AK.pdfSeven and 'Mog in AK.pdfSeven and 'Mog in AK.pdfSeven and 'Mog in AK.pdf

Edited by JohnCh
Picture is too nice to be a download rather than embedded

Nice! I've had a '51 M37 for some years. It's as elemental as a 7, but as you say a bit heavier :). If you're looking at highway speeds you will need to deal with the transfer case. They don't enjoy RPM's much over 3000 RPM for extended periods, the heat gets to 'em.

My cruising speed is 55 w/ 4:89 gears and max is ~ 60 on the governor. That's a bit less than 3000 RPM and the transfer case gets pretty toasty, but seems to do OK with MT90 in it.

Have fun with it!!

Andy

3 hours ago, Alaskossie said:

Wow!  Not only is your garage filled with my favorite toys, but that's a real nice garage!