Announncing LTW Motorsports

Nova

Thx Mike, I took your advice and sent them an e-mail. Since their website shows cars like the Ariel Atom, it seems likely that they are flexible on this stuff but I dont want to sign up w/o knowing. Wld also be nice if we cld do pre-tech ourselves.

Thx, mine have the holes, never realized they were wear holes. Whether they will still be there after 2 days on Lightnng is anyone's guess. I will have a set of semi-treaded rain tires I can use in a pinch if needed.

Thanks for the e-mails, you are both correct it is much easier for me to respond via e-mail, however I thought I'd post here too since the setup is likely the same for other 7 owners.

From one of the e-mails:

"I have a wind deflector, full face helmet, cage, race seat, fuel cell, fire supression system etc.,"

>> I'd also recommend a full nomex suit for that setup, but that isn't required. Otherwise I am fine with that setup.

Regarding the tires, as Croc mentioned assuming you qualify for the hpde3 group, then you'd be okay to run slicks. Without knowing your experience on track, it is hard to make a blanket statement there. Please feel free to shoot me an e-mail at glm@ltwmotorsports.com if anyone has specific questions and I will be happy to answer them.

Hope that helps, and glad to see that some of you guys are trying to make it happen. We appreciate the efforts and I am already working on getting a date for the fall so everyone has sufficient time to plan. Joys of setting up a new business on top of a crazy time for my full-time gig.

Edited by Nova

Thanks Greg for clarifying on here.

Mike - pre-tech is ok based on an email exchange with Greg overnight. Obviously this is based on the clear expectation that you go around the car doing the exact same checks that a mechanic would before signing. This is something I do anyway as I do not want things breaking or falling apart at 100mph. There will still be a tech at the track by LTW before being ok'ed to go on track. I think I can survive HPDE 3 :rolleyes: to run with you.

Thanks Greg for clarifying on here.

Mike - pre-tech is ok based on an email exchange with Greg overnight. Obviously this is based on the clear expectation that you go around the car doing the exact same checks that a mechanic would before signing. This is something I do anyway as I do not want things breaking or falling apart at 100mph. There will still be a tech at the track by LTW before being ok'ed to go on track. I think I can survive HPDE 3 :rolleyes: to run with you.

Please fill out the pre-tech sheet yourself so we at least know you both went over those points of the car within the last few weeks.

Just signed up. Hopefully Greg can assign us to the right groups as I could not work out where to specify this. :iamwithstupid:

I have also extended my accommodation for Sunday night at the pit suites.

Just signed up. Hopefully Greg can assign us to the right groups as I could not work out where to specify this. :iamwithstupid:

I have also extended my accommodation for Sunday night at the pit suites.

You don't get to choose, we get to assign you. Do you want to take all the fun out of managing an event? :-)

I would imagine you'd both fall in the advanced/solo run group.

• 2 weeks later...
All signed up, anyone else joining Croc and me?

I'll join you in the paddock. I'm not up to your run-group, yet. Glad to be

able to make it at all - the schedule parted for me quite unexpectedly.

Pete

When I ck who is resgistered, using the above link, Croc is there, along w/20-25 Elises and Exiges, but not me. When I go staight to MotorsportsReg and ck, I am listed, not Croc, and no Lotuses, all BMW's, Mustangs, etc. Are there 2 different run groups consisting of (mostly) Lotuses vs non-Lotuses?

OK, mystery solved: There are two simultaneous track days at T-Bolt June 24 (I never saw that before). And naturally, I signed up for the wrong one. Am trying to sign up for this one now but so far, no luck. We shall see. I will do one, or the other or, maybe, both? I may not be the only one to have made this mistake so it mite get interesting that morning.