2012 Birkin for sale on Ebay

Croc

Found this morning while "shopping"...ok...I was really daydreaming :blush:

No affiliation or connection with me - just reposting here for the benefit of forum users.

2012 Birkin with 465 miles on the clock. I guess the owner is not on here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-Birkin-S3-re-engineered-1967-Lotus-Super-7-/181081095973?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a29463f25

I don't do track with mine, but I do autocross. Although the car is listed as 1973, I think it was built in the late 70's early 80's. The motor however if it is a 2TG engine, then the engine would be mid 70's. Also possible its an 18AGE, almost the same as the 2TG only 80's vintage.

The car will have discs on the front and drums rear. I have had no problem with enough brake power with what I do, but on a track it might not be enough. It looks like from the pictures that the brake reservoir is very low on the firewall, which is not like mine at all. This could present a real heat problem for the brake fluid as this is just behind the exhaust header.

It appears that the shocks are the old coil over shocks available at that time, probably Armstrong. Upgrade to adjustable shocks made a big difference on mine. I went with Spax.

I'm a little miffed that the pictures in the EBay ad didn't not show a Data plate. I wrote a memo in regards to a plate, but no answer yet.

The price is right, with a few mods you could have a very nice car.

Thank you...yes there is no data or vin plate. The seller knows zero about the car. I'm surprised that the build is that old. In my opinion, the build looks a little rough with that wood dash etc. but I was thinking if price is right it might make a fun track day car with some work