1961 Series 2

Al N.

Longtime lurker, first time poster. ;-P

Happy to announce that the project I took over in 2009 is done and should be back in NJ in a few months. Actually looking to drive it home (with support)...but that is for another thread.

No name yet. I hear some call it "Bessie".

Bete Noir.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great News Al! Hopefully we'll get to see it in person this summer. :party:

(let's talk about the possibility of expanding the trackday outing to include some touring, etc, for those like Taber and you, who enjoys the camaradarie but doesn't want to track their cars)

Tom

It is such a relief to know that I am finally coming home with Al to New Jersey. After all these years it will be nice to see another part of the US. I understand that my new home will be pride of place in Al's den at home, happily dripping some Mobil 1 on his lovely white shag rug :blush:.

While I will never be a track car, I take great solace in the knowledge I look better than some of the other tarts....errr..ladies...err...sevens on this forum (in my opinion of course...;)). None of that nasty carbon fiber for me!

Al sweetie dearest....can I ask for a truck ride home so my nice new wobbly wheels do not go all wobbly? Pretty please?:cooldude:

Kissies!

Bessie

Al,

Congratulations!!! Is Bessie still in Denver with Ben? If you are coming out to get her let me know and we will arrange a gathering of the Colorado Sevens to send her off to her new home.

@Skip: It is about to go into storage out there for a few months. As noted above, I am currently planning on driving it home in the Spring (probably late May?).

I'll be in contact as those plans get more fully baked.

Good job for a newbie! We need more pix! If you drive it home, will you have put more miles on her than you put on Orange?

Keep us posted on itinerary. I have a tow vehicle and trailer and wld be happy to help out if you have need and are within striking distance. Or, I might just come to an overpass and waive you by.

You do know that May is rain month in the mid-west? Not to mention tornados. Drys out by early June.

BTW-A great, and often scenic, route from Cincy-to near Hagerstown MD is route 32, then 50, up I-79 abt 40 miles, then over on 68. Very lightly traveled, even on the interstates (except I-79). Almost no semi's. Once you hit I-70 just before Hagerston it gets ugly.

Edited by Kitcat

None of that nasty carbon fiber for me!

Al used to be into that kind of kinky s#$t!

If you drive it home, will you have put more miles on her than you put on Orange?

Snort! :rofl:

BTW Orange turned 18k miles yesterday....

....and then broke down :(

Morgan: Oh noes (regarding Mr. Orange)! The noseband and wheels are my homage to my old car...

Dean: 185/13s...from John Donohoe himself! But I'm planning to eventually roll on 165 vintage-style Avons.

Engine is 1500 pre-cross flow lightly massaged..est under 100 hp. Car originally had 1340 (Ford 109e). Original Weber carb set up.

Edited by Al Navarro