Weber DCOE40 Italian linkage

whotoo

I just replaced my departed 1700 Kent carb linkage that nobody could help me repair with a MANGOLETSI low profile single cable kit WEBL4241 from Burton Power in England. It cost $87 + shipping and is a very nice strong unit. It required rerouting the ignition wires and sawing out the bridge piece between cylinders 2 & 3 on the aluminum intake manifold that was easy and can be done in situ. It requires gas line rerouting but the only hard part there is finding the right parts at the right price (also from England). What a nice crisp throttle control and it misses the bonnet by a whopping 3.5 mm.

• 7 years later...
I just replaced my departed 1700 Kent carb linkage that nobody could help me repair with a MANGOLETSI low profile single cable kit WEBL4241 from Burton Power in England. It cost $87 + shipping and is a very nice strong unit. It required rerouting the ignition wires and sawing out the bridge piece between cylinders 2 & 3 on the aluminum intake manifold that was easy and can be done in situ. It requires gas line rerouting but the only hard part there is finding the right parts at the right price (also from England). What a nice crisp throttle control and it misses the bonnet by a whopping 3.5 mm.

Sorry to bump this old thread. Whotoo, could you post a couple pics of your carbs mounted to the manifold with the linkage installed? I’m curious about which pieces you used to connect the throttle shafts and how much you cut out of the manifold.

I also have a 1700 Kent and I recently tried to install a similar linkage but ran into the same issue. My linkage appears to be a generic version of the Mangoletsi but virtually identical in function.

Also upon looking up new intake manifolds from Burton I can see they are designed with that middle section missing between the carbs.

Thank you!

480a31c8eb148186107fda4b47e78b66.jpg

According to whotoo's profile page, he last visited the forum in 2014, so I wouldn't count on a response. Hopefully someone else with experience in this area will chime in.

-John

E55, it might be worth looking at this thread on Elan.net that was started yesterday The person has the Mangoletsi on his Twin Cam and didn't want to remove material from the intake manifold, so came up with solution. Might work for you as well, or give you some inspiration for a different workaround.

-John