Any 7s in/around Chicago

miatacarpc

Moved back to Chicago in March, and haven't had much opportunity to take the seven out this year. Took the car to one of the supercar saturdays events, possibly going again in September if I can. Any other seven drivers/owners in Chicago? Might be fun to get a contingent at one of the events.

Miatacarpc, there are a couple of Locosts out in the Western Burbs, we have done a couple of AutoX's this year and I have done a couple of track days out at Autobahn. What is the date of the Supercar Saturday and I will see if I can make it.

Graham

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss63/fastgxc/CAM00135_zpsb1cba377.jpg

Miatacarpc, welcome to the Chicago area. To my surprise, there are too few Locosts in the area. I just met up with FastG this year. He and I are the only ones that I know in the immediate area with sevens of any kind. I am out in the western burbs, West Chicago. My Locost is a rotary engined car.

If you can make it on Sunday Sept 8th, the British Car Festival is a great annual show. I've been attending for the past 25 years or so. I attended with my Locost in 2011. Last year they initiated a "British Recreations" class for cars like ours. I missed it last year but plan on attending this year. Find more info here: http://www.britishcarunion.com/

Locost.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello Local 7 Enthusiasts. I am looking to buy a 7 clone that has been previously titled in Colorado. What pitfalls will I have getting the car registered here? The car is missing some street gear...top, windshield wipers, etc.....will this be an issue?

Thanks in advance, Bill

My Locost was originally titled in AZ as a 1957 Lotus. I just went to a local DVM and transferred the title, no problems at all. Maybe because I did not change the original title, I just transferred it.

Graham

Top won't matter. Need all lights, belts, and if possible get all source documents for any donor cars. Will turn into a PIA if you ever get questions on engine or trans origin. Shouldn't be too bad as a transfer into the state. I had more issues at the Sec of state than inspection. Spent more time discussing car than inspection took.