2014 Midwest Se7ens Gathering

locost7018

As of right now reserve June 5-7, 2014 for the 6th Annual Midwest Se7ens Gathering. I will be going to the Hermann, Mo (just west of St Louis) area in late January to start scouting out the roads and the wineries. The area around Hermann is famous for its wine. So keep your fingers crossed that I have good luck down there.

Russ "Your 2014 Gathering Coordinator" Amos

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I went to the Hermann, MO area to scout out some roads and boy did I ever put the miles on my new truck. With the help of Chris Reinke, who is building a Miata based 221 Locost in Cuba, MO, we laid out over 450 miles of twisty, up, and down pure driving pleasure roads. I still have a few kinks to work out but it looks like the 2014 Midwest Se7ens Gathering will keep up with the tradition of great roads and even greater friends getting together to enjoy our love of these little cars. Here are a couple of motels we looked at to get your opinions on. The Wagon Wheel is an old time road house right out of the glory days of Route 66. Very nostalgic!!! The rooms are rather small and most do not have microwaves or refrigerators but they do have A/C. No breakfast is served unlike most motels. They do have an adequate amount of parking for our trailers. The Super 8 Motel is a modern hotel with lots of parking and the normal amenities you would expect in this modern age. So what do you think? It would be nice to get your opinions and get a head count on how many plan on attending this June 5-8, 2014 event. So let me know, Russ

http://www.wagonwheel66cuba.com/

http://www.super8.com/hotels/missouri/cuba/super-8-cuba/hotel-overview?hotel_id=03485&cid=whg_s8_ggl_br&wid=ps:br_whg&002=2191774&004=5624212370&005=8200352027&006=22192458530&007=Search&008=&025=c&026=&gclid=CP6tyrjCrLwCFXNp7AodAjMALg

• 2 weeks later...

More MW7G info: The event is going to be held June 5-8 in Cuba, MO. I have not got the hotel info ready but it looks like the Super 8 and/or The Wagon Wheel Motels. So far we have 6 cars and 14 people signed up but it is real early. It will probably be 2-3 times that by May. I went down there 3 weeks ago and have selected two runs of about 250 miles each for Friday and Saturday runs. Thursday and Sunday will be short 1 or 2 hour trips because people are arriving and/or leaving. We will probably stop at one winery, each day, on Friday and Saturday. We will also spend an hour or so in Hermann sight seeing. Lunches on Friday and Saturday will be on the road and group dinners on Friday (BBQ) and Saturday (???) followed by a BYOB and BYOC (bring your own chair) campfire BS secession on Saturday at Chris' house if it is alright with he and his wife. Russ

Edit/Delete Message

• 4 weeks later...

OK we are going to stay at the Wagon Wheel Motel http://www.wagonwheel66cuba.com. Right on the "Mother Road" Route 66. You can book on line or by calling 573-885-3411. Tell them it is for the “Midwest Sevens Gathering”. You won’t get a discount but they will try to put us together. If we run out of room we can overflow to the Super 8 a couple of miles away. Remember most of the rooms do not have kitchens and breakfast is not served so we will be on our own for breakfasts. Russ

Rooms will go quick at the Wagon Wheel so I would suggest you book early. They only have 18 rooms and I know 4 are already taken. Russ

• 2 weeks later...

I have started making participation awards and I would like to get a count on how many people are coming to the Midwest Se7ens Gathering in Cuba, MO June 5-8, 2014. So if you could please copy this form and fill it out and then email it to me at trialsman at kc.rr.com (be sure you type trialsman and not trailsman). Even if you have told me you were coming previously please fill it out and send it to me anyway for my records. Do not post it on this forum. Thanks, Russ Amos

NAME:

FORUM NAME:

EMAIL:

HOW MANY PEOPLE ATTENDING?:

ARE YOU BRINGING A SE7EN?:

IF SO, WHAT BRAND OF SE7EN? LOTUS____ CATERHAM____ STALKER____ LOCOST____OTHER_______

WILL YOU BE GOING OUT ON THE DAILY BLATS WITH US?

WHAT DAYS WILL YOU BE ATTENDING?:

WILL YOU BE ABLE TO PROVIDE RIDES TO PROSPECTIVE BUILDERS?:

WHERE WILL YOU BE STAYING? WAGON WHEEL ____ (HOST MOTEL) SUPER 8____ OTHER____

Right now with the new sign up form (see above) we have 19 people, 9 Se7ens, and 7 groups staying at the Wagon wheel. Keep those cards and letters poring in folks. There are still a lot of folks who told me they were coming but have not sent me their email form yet. Looks like we are going to have a good time. Russ

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys and gals. It is two months until our gathering and I really need to get some FIRM numbers. We are having tee shirts made, I am talking to a caterer, and I am making participation awards so I really needed to get a handle on who is going to be there. If you are coming and have not sent me your info (see previous post above) please do so by April 15 (Tax Day so you will remember). Right now we have 10 cars and about 20 people. Hope to see a lot more sign up. Russ

Hey it is getting better. We are up to 12 cars now!!!! Five Stalkers, one Caterham, one Westfield, one RM8, and four Locosts. Come on Lotus and Caterhams don't let these Stalker guys beat you. Chris (FieroReinke) has come up with a killer tee shirt design. The cost will be in the $12-15 range for those who want to order some. Russ

Thursday and Sunday events have not been worked out yet!!!!!!!! Got the routes finalized. Now these miles are Google miles and the times are Google times. They do not include gas stops, breakdowns, eating,wineries, getting lost or any other crap like that. These roads are not your 60 MPH roads. More like 30-40 MPH average. Friday is the northern route 219 miles 5 hr 40min with lunch 2 hr 32 min after start at the Rivers Edge Restaurant in Fredrickburg. I figure we will be there at about 12:30-1pm. Saturday is the southern route at 206 miles and 4hr 49 min with lunch 2 hr 55 min after the start at the Horseshoe Salon in Salem. We should be there about 12:30-1pm again. Start times will be 9am both days These are going to be hard driving days. The routes allow several places for people to bail out and go back to the motels if they have to. More details to follow. Russ

Here is our official count of cars as of April 18. 5) Stalkers, 5) Locosts, and 1 each of the following, CMC 15, Caterham, RM8, Westfield, Ultralite, Elan. 36 people have said they were going to come. All the available rooms at the host motel (Wagon Wheel) have been booked and the rest are staying at the Super 8 Motel a couple of miles away. This is shaping up to be the biggest event yet so if you are on the fence about coming please decide soon. See you there, Russ

Chris has finalized the design for the tee shirts(see the post above).The company that is printing the shirts must have the order in by May 8th in order to have them for us at the event. Price is set at $13 for S-XL, +$1.75 for XXL and +$2.50 for XXXL. For those not coming that want shirts he can figure shipping at that time based on quantities(contact Chris for costs). Shirts can be paid for at the event or through paypal. Chris prefers paypal so that he doesn’t have to front all the money. His Paypal account is FieroReinke@aol.com.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, we are one month from the 7th Annual Midwest Se7ens Gathering. Fifteen cars have signed up and 34 people have said they are coming. We have four Stalkers, five Locosts, one Caterham, one RM-8, one Ultralite, oneCMC-15, and one Lotus Elan. It is still not too late to sign up. The more the merrier I always say. That area of Missouri won’t know what hit it when we come rumbling through. If you are coming and have not filled out the questionnaire from my previous post please do so and send it to trialsman at kc dot rr dot com. Everyone that I have on my list will be emailed our trip itinerary. So if I don’t have your email info you won’t know where we will be on what day. Russ

OK, I just sent an email to all who are coming. So if you did not get the email and you are coming contact me please, Russ

Well just three weeks to go till the big event. A few more people have signed up so it sounds like it just may be our biggest event yet in the Midwest. Over 16 cars are signed up from seven states and two countries. Alright you East and West coasters top that!!!!!! Haha. I am looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting a lot new ones. Russ

• 2 weeks later...

Well less than two weeks to go until the Gathering. I hope everyone is ready for this. I sure am. See you there, Russ