Caterham racer

centerfireman

If I read that right $25K for the Caterham, spare engine, wheels, AND an enclosed trailer? Sounds like the Deal of the Century. Plus a option to buy a replacement Chassis and fenders.

Somebody is going to get a nice track package. IMO

Tom

I only met Woody Adams once, at the Fourth of July race at High Plains. I walked by on Sunday and he was struggling with a small issue on this car. I told him I would come back and help after I finished up a wheel bearing on my car which was at the other end of the paddock.

Bottom line.....I came back half an hour or so later and the old guy in the VFW hat had loaded up and headed back for South Dakota. One my greatest regrets is I didn't drop everything and help him right then.

I had the pleasure of meeting Woody during a race weekend in 2010. His was the only other Caterham in our EP class that weekend, so I made a point of introducing myself. He was just getting out of his car after a practice session, and upon seeing me approaching (while talking), he graciously stopped me, removed his earplugs, inserted his hearing aids, then was ready to talk.

He started off by asking if I knew who he was, suggesting he was somewhat famous at that track. (Miller Motorsports Park in Utah.) As it was my first race season, I had to admit that I did not. He chuckled and went on to explain that he had the honor of being the only person to have died at that track! As I heard the story, a few years prior to that he had a heart attack while on track. His car went off, hit a wall, and the impact somehow managed to re-start his heart. Great story.

He has a great race history, and is the only SCCA member I've ever met who has a 2-digit member number. (For reference, mine is in the mid six figures.) As of a few years ago, this was a good, solid car. The price is very reasonable.