My Kingdom for a Trailer

xcarguy

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys, for the comments, feedback and considerations concerning tongue weight. As you all know, this will be a brand spanking new learning experience (curve) for me. :rofl: :ack: :banghead: I'll report back on this thread after some trial and hopefully 'no' error towing. :cheers:

I just updated an old trailering thread (Trailering question). Read it and (hopefully) avoid making the countless mistakes I made, espcially early on.

Edited by Kitcat

I just updated an old trailering thread (Trailering question). Read it and (hopefully) avoid making the countless mistakes I made, espcially early on.

Mike,

Thanks for the update on that thread. Just finished reading though it; lots of good info. :cheers:

Well . . . . Fruition. The trailer arrived this evening.

Nice job of ordering up that trailer. Looks like the back is gold plated.

I'll take the tour of it in a few weeks... Safe trip to NJMP !!!!!!

I promise I'll stay out of your way and point you bye....LOL

Steve

Edited by S1Steve

Nice job of ordering up that trailer. Looks like the back is gold plated.

I'll take the tour of it in a few weeks... Safe trip to NJMP !!!!!!

I promise I'll stay out of your way and point you bye....LOL

Steve

Steve,

Here's to hoping we make it (awaiting doctor's approval for daughter) and to having a fantastic time once there. :cheers:

That is one Stinkin Nice Trailer!

if you ever want to sell it on this site in the future.......... Send me a PM. I am already sold:)

My car is sooooooooooooooooo jealous!

You should be so proud!

George

George,

Thanks. I think I need to hang to the trailer for awhile and call this adverture 'done'. :) I figure if I treat it properly, it should be the only one I'll ever need.

Ah the joys of trailering. I went and picked up my trailer from storage for this weekend's track day, and when I opened the door, I noticed water on the floor. Since it has been raining heavily all week, I looked up and saw that one of the skylights was gone. Don't know if someone stole it or it just vanished. I've had them deteriorate from UV light before but this one was gone, frame and all.

Oh well, off the to local trailer place and bought a new one. Of course it was raining again as I was replacing it, and just as I was climbing down, I heard Thunder booming. Add having a spare skylight dome in your spares cabinet. Just in case. Tom

I just spent some quality time on a large empty parking lot synching up my Prodigy remote trailer braking system. Looks like it is now working. All I can say is you stop a lot faster if 8 wheels are braking than if just the 4 on the tow vehicle are.

Tom, my trailer is so basic it doesn't have a skylight to wear out(:.

I loop tie downs over A-Arms in front and frame in back in a criss-cross pattern. That prevents forward and aft moment as well as lateral. I am pretty sure if my trailer ended up on its side, the car would not move.

This is a subject of some debate as some say it is best to use the wheels to tie the car down so the suspension can work and to relieve stress on A-arms etc.

Best to ck straps after abt 50 miles and at every stop thereafter for tightness, they can work loose.

Also-be sure to shift into neutral after your car is in place:no need to batter the transmission with any rocking/lurching that may occur.

Guys. This is just fitment photo only (pre maiden tow). Car is still connected to the winch. The towel is so I didn't bang the wing when I disconnected the winch. Car is not tied down. Tires are not tied down. Anybody know how to do a frownie face with an iPhone. :/

Mike (Kitcat),

Agree in all points. Crisscross tie down; end of story . . . Period. I use the rear wheels and the area where the lower spindle/lower A-arm connect). I check the load early out if the gate and at every stop afterward.

Oh! I thought you had been out trial trailering rather than making it look pretty for photos and not moving. So I assumed I was helping with some trailer trashy talk! :seeya: