The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale

Croc

16 hours ago, SENC said:

Croc - I'm fairly certain this is an old/stale listing that LOONY just hasnt taken down.  If I'm not mistaken, this is the Seven @sportscarnut acquired a couple years ago.

Thanks - I got a link message say it was for sale but think you are likely right.  Will remove in next week's update.  

22 hours ago, JB455 said:

Just came a cross this ad on Hemmings, a big project for sure! - https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/lotus/super-seven/2591673.html

Same owner since '73. Has quite a story to tell in the ad! 

That's really tempting. Then I realize I don't live in an emission testing area to benefit from the year of production and could scratch build for less effort than the resto and I'd want to make changes which I would be conflicted about. Great to see original details in the pics, though it looks like at some point he had the expansion tank moved back for access with the nose on.

Mike, That 2016 Stalker XL on BAT is likely the most stunning example of Minehart's work that I have seen to date. He even had the aluminum interior metal panels powder coated. The seats look uncharacteristically comfortable and supportive as well. Somebody is going to get a beautiful Stalker but I doubt it will not be pretty pricey when the hammer drops on the auction block. 

Edited by Anaximander

Cueball1, Stalker cars raised their prices a bit recently but I can tell you, being in the process of building an AXR, that the price of the components has skyrocketed. I paid $103 for an LS dipstick that cost $55 two years ago. I have been stunned at how much money I have had to spend to get a car up and almost close to running that supposedly just needed wheels, alternator, starter and a few assorted parts. That car on BAT would now cost closer to $63k to build in today's economy and it is highly unlikely that things are going to be getting cheaper anytime soon? 

The nice thing about Stalker cars is that all of the parts are basically USA sourced which makes parts finding and replacement much easier in this supply chain horror show we have going on worldwide.

Edited by Anaximander

Understood.  The cheapskate in me is tough to overcome though.  Still kicking myself for not jumping on the one in denver a couple months ago. Couple of things needed on that one and I hesitated a day too long.  At least it was another member here that got it!

On 7/15/2022 at 10:33 AM, Anaximander said:

Mike, That 2016 Stalker XL on BAT is likely the most stunning example of Minehart's work that I have seen to date. He even had the aluminum interior metal panels powder coated. The seats look uncharacteristically comfortable and supportive as well. Somebody is going to get a beautiful Stalker but I doubt it will not be pretty pricey when the hammer drops on the auction block. 

FYI, Scott instituted a design change since the construction of the captioned Stalker.  His windshields are now less raked, making ingress and egress easier and head injuries from accidents more difficult to sustain.  Purely from a design perspective, I prefer the newer, more upright windshield, which approximately matches the seatbacks in rake and provides a more authentic Seven profile.  In counterpoint, the new rake is probably a bit less aerodynamic.

Following is a photo which was provided to me by the blue Stalker's original owner, who resided in New York.  I believe his name was Mike, and I almost bought this car from him several years ago.  Note the aggressive windshield rake:  Following that is an image of a newer Stalker, a 2018 or 2019 build - note the more upright windshield:

brunton stalker mike's exterior 1.jpg

2018_stalker_xl_15821178115b4a4d0ffWM25.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bruce K said:

FYI, Scott instituted a design change since the construction of the captioned Stalker.  His windshields are now less raked, making ingress and egress easier and head injuries from accidents more difficult to sustain.  Purely from a design perspective, I prefer the newer, more upright windshield, which approximately matches the seatbacks in rake and provides a more authentic Seven profile.  In counterpoint, the new rake is probably a bit less aerodynamic.

Following is a photo which was provided to me by the blue Stalker's original owner, who resided in New York.  I believe his name was Mike, and I almost bought this car from him several years ago.  Note the aggressive windshield rake:  Following that is an image of a newer Stalker, a 2018 or 2019 build - note the more upright windshield:

I am Glad to hear they made this change.  The 2014 I just bought is too far back.  I am comfortable in it with the 6 point harness on but you would not want much elastic to let you go forward in an accident there.  With the padded seats in the BAT one you are probably up closer to it.  Looks like they have the seats way back though so as long as the pedals work for you there it would be ok

Bruce,

Interesting observations. Since our Stalkers and most other se7ens do not come with airbags, about the only thing we can do is make sure that we have at least up-to-date 5-6 point 3" racing seat belts. If you strap in really tight, I am not sure that the rake of the windscreen would make any difference in terms of head injury? If you are concerned about head injuries in a collision which is a real possibility in any of these type cars, then I would suggest using a helmet that allows us to use a Hans device so that we minimize the risk of serious head/neck injury in a collision. Short of doing that, all of these types of cars, especially kits that are Cobra replicas can put a person in a world of hurt due to their old-school crappy handling characteristics. If we also look structurally at the chassis of a Lotus/Caterham, we have to be aware that we have even less structural integrity surrounding ourselves than a Stalker due to the smaller gauge of metal that is used. Colin Chapman likely wasn't too overly focused on safety issues when he designed his Se7ens and was concerned with every extra pound of weight.

I guess life is all about weighing the risks and rewards and determining for ourselves what level of safety we hope to achieve in our lives. For me personally, Covid was a wakeup call that a tiny non-living organism could have taken me out as it did a couple of acquaintances as easily as getting in a wreck with one of our cars. Frankly, I would rather flame out in a se7esque car than die from a virus I can't even see:classic_ohmy:

I have made a personal decision to wear a Sparco neck brace along with my Sparco carbon fiber lightweight helmet when I race my Stalker AXR in autocross events. The likelihood of needing the neck brace it is probably on the low side but I am keenly aware of the fragility of our spinal columns and the attachment of my 10-11 pound bowling ball of a head sitting atop just a few sinewy connections to my spinal cord. On top of that, a normal brain weighs about 3 pounds and can suffer contrecoup injury in a sudden deceleration. Thankfully, my brain is so small that it would fit up a gnat's butt and roll around like a BB in a boxcar :classic_blink:.

Sparco Front View.jpg

Sparco Back View.jpg

Edited by Anaximander
Added Pics
  • Like 1

Week Beginning July 17, 2022

USA7s Forum Car for Sale Ads

Cars For Sale - USA7s

NEW

Superformance S1

No Reserve: One-Family-Owned Superformance S-1 for sale on BaT Auctions - ending July 22 (Lot #79,356) | Bring a Trailer

Stalker V8

LS3-Powered Brunton Stalker XL 6-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - ending July 21 (Lot #79,267) | Bring a Trailer

Caterham

Marketplace - 1980 Lotus Caterham Super Seven | Facebook

Replica Project

Marketplace - 1970 Caterham NA · NA | Facebook

Blakely 7

Lotus 7 1980 beautiful car - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

REPEATS

Lotus 7 S2

1962 Lotus Super 7 Roadster | eBay

and here

1962 Lotus Super Seven #2597601 | Hemmings

Lotus 7 S4

1971 Lotus Seven | eBay

and here

1971 Lotus #2526952 | Hemmings

and here

1971 Lotus Seven for Sale in LAKE LEELANAU, | RacingJunk

Westfield Pre-Lit

1983 Lotus Westfield Seven #2485207 | Hemmings

Stalker V8

1962 Lotus #2595487 | Hemmings

Diva 7

1962 Lotus #2595486 | Hemmings

Caterham

2003 Caterham Super 7 Wide Body Based On Lotus Seven #2592324 | Hemmings

Lotus 7 S2

1962 Lotus Super 7 for Sale in CHATSWORTH, CA | RacingJunk

Replica

Marketplace - 1901 Lotus Lotus super 7 replica | Facebook

Stalker

Marketplace - 1962 Lotus Seven | Facebook

Replica Project

Marketplace - 1967 Lotus 7 rolling chassis | Facebook

Caterham

Marketplace - Caterham Super seven | Facebook

Caterham

Caterham Inventory — Beachman Racing

Caterham

INVENTORY (rockymountaincaterham.com)

Caterham

2011 Caterham Super 7 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Caterham

Lotus 7 /Caterham Super 7 SV - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Caterham

Lotus Super 7/Caterham Super 7 S3 - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

CANADA

Fejer 7

Lotus Super 7 Replica Kit Car. Fejer Bros. w/ Extra body. | Classic Cars | Owen Sound | Kijiji

Eva Sport

1990 Eva Sport | Cars & Trucks | Laval / North Shore | Kijiji

Replica

Lotus Seven clone | Classic Cars | Moncton | Kijiji

Please note that next week beginning July 24 may be late posted owing to my travel plans that day.