Gauging interest for another trip in September

slngsht

Once the dust settles from 7/7/7, I'm thinking of organizing another little blat.

This one will be mostly a driving event, through mountain roads.

Think of it as a BIG dragon.... lots of moutain switch backs and hairpin turns with speed limits at 55 and no crowds.

I'm just brainstorming here... I'm not sure how Gail will take another one of these trips :boxing:

Anyway, the plan would be to meet in Harrisonburg, VA on a saturday morning, and head west into the moutains of WV, ending up at Snowshoe. Sleep there, and return on Sunday. Even the most direct route is 92 miles of twisties.

There are many moutain roads to choose from... here is one possible path .

Snowshoe has nice amenities (Nice shops and resturaunts, even a starbucks with wireless internet).

I have done this trip several times in the van :yawn: , and one time in the vette :smash:

I think it will make a very enjoyable blat with sevens, where you get to use power, agility, and brakes.

Let's see a show of hands.

Is anyone besides me coming to LOG27? I believe all of our cars would be welcome. Maybe we could have an LSIS gathering after that event and play some more in the Rocky Mountains. Colorado has a huge variety of twisty roads and spectacular scenery.

Skip

Is anyone besides me coming to LOG27? I believe all of our cars would be welcome. Maybe we could have an LSIS gathering after that event and play some more in the Rocky Mountains. Colorado has a huge variety of twisty roads and spectacular scenery.

Skip

Skip, when is LOG27? If you can get a definitive answer that all LSIS are welcome, please start a thread on it here. Eventually I'll move your thread (and mine) to the right regional section.

Dont forget about the Run and Gun event Oct 11-13. It is an excellent time to get alot of track time with all levels of driving exp welcome. Throw in an autocross and dragracing with other enthusiast all equals a great time. Not to mention the Wednesday tech session that is full of all kinds of useful info on suspension and car set up. Plus its alot of fun kicking Cobra butts.

Skip, when is LOG27? If you can get a definitive answer that all LSIS are welcome, please start a thread on it here. Eventually I'll move your thread (and mine) to the right regional section.

LOG27 is August 24 - 27. The website is at www.log27.com.

There is a class for "Replica (Westfield, Mk1, etc.)" in the concours so it would seem all LSIS are welcome. I am going to the Lotus Colorado (LoCo) meeting tomorrow evening and I will confirm whether all LSIS are welcome. We were also handing out flyers at the car show which invite all enthuasists to the event.

LoCo is the hosting club for the event which includes an autocross, track day at Woody Creek Raceway and the featured guests are: Emerson Fittipaldi, Alain de Cadenet, Peter Egan and Peter Darley. The theme is A Tribute to Colin Chapman.

They have even arranged transport for cars from anywhere in the continental USA so you can fly into Denver and drive from there to Aspen/Snowmass for the event, then drop your car off in Denver and fly home. Cost is $1,500 roundtrip to transport your car.

Skip

Mazda- I'm a Lotus Club member and I'm pretty sure that all LSiS are welcome. They're not like some other club which will go unmentioned (of which I am also a member :D ).

Most of the LoCo meeting was about the LOG27 event. When they started talking about the track event I asked if all LSiS were welcome. The answer was a resounding YES! LSiSs will be welcome at all the events including the concours, autocross and track day.

Registration closes soon, so if you are interested, go to www.log27.com and check it out and send in your registration and check.

One thing that I don't think is on the website is that Harry Mathews is going to open his personal collection for viewing on the day after the track day which will be Tuesday. Harry is a genuine car nut and has a large collection of Mclaren race cars as well as Hot Rods, Corvettes, motorcycles and other cars. He also has two racing Elans and an original Elan. He and his son race the two Elans along with some of the rest of the collection.

If anyone is interested in sticking around after LOG27 I would be willing to put together some drives in the mountains and/or other activities.

Anyone who is a Miata owner might also be interested in attending the Flyin Miata Open House which is the weekend prior to LOG27. It is held in Grand Junction, about a 4 hour drive West of Denver. They also have a track day on a kart track. See www.flyinmiata.com for details.

Skip

I would probably be interested as long as no one would be too offended at the prospect of either a Cobra (93 Mustang) or Jeep joining. You would be coming my direcrtion so would rather catch up in route ranter than drive up to Hburg and back down.

As noted on se7ens.net, if i have recovered from 7-7-7 sufficiently, i'm in.

Ah, the original Skyline group plus a few more, sounds like fun.

-A

P.S. mazda, do you want to move this down to events and also start a LOG thread for Skip?