Brunton StalkerXL #23 Build

jevs

Two weeks after placing my order I now have the car home! The guys at Brunton expedited it for me so I could bring the car back at the end of my vacation to Panama City. Talk about last minute impulse buying.. I did not know these cars existed 3 weeks ago :)

These are the first cars I saw in a long time that actually made me want to build another car. I was planning to take a break from car building for awhile. So much for that idea. Car addiction is a tough thing to conquer. Just when you think your sick of them, you see one you gotta have.

There were a few parts they could not get in time, but nothing to keep me from getting started.

So far I have been too busy after vacation to even unload it from the trailer or start unboxing and looking at stuff, but I am hoping tomorrow....

I towed it home with my 2013 VW Passat Diesel with manual trans. It pulled effortlessly. I normally get about 46-47 MPG commuting at a fast pace :). I managed 39 MPG to Florida with the empty trailer. The plastic around the roll cage was like a parachute on the way home, but I still managed 26-27 MPG. Even at that I was pretty pleased. No truck could have done better.

Oh, and this was done with our trunk filled with vacation luggage, the wife along, and two kids in the back seat!

20140726_122911.jpg

20140727_062415.jpg

Edited by jevs

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha, yeah, prepping the garage when I got mine home was I think a (2) 8 hour day job. Hung the body on the wall, built a bench, organized my junk... It looked great for a while.. Not so much anymore. The good news is you gain floor space back when the car gets more complete!

I am jealous of your lift!

Any your billet uprights. Mine has the Miata stuff before they went with this new (better) set up.

I'm excited to see yours progress!

Gale,

My bad. I did remember the LS7 after I posted (can't edit from the Bat phone). However, I do believe all the LS3 crate variants come standard with the flex plate.

Edited by xcarguy

I do believe all the LS3 crate variants come standard with the flex plate.

Ahh, yes, I think you're right based jevs picture above and on the description of the GMPP LS3 (non E-rod): http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/ls3.html

"It also includes the EFI intake manifold assembly with injectors and throttle body, exhaust manifolds, water pump, balancer, 58X reluctor wheel, and 14-inch automatic-transmission flexplate. "

I missed that before (obviously)

These motors now all come with flex plate and Camaro pans.

This is what they ordered for me to convert it.

Chevrole Performancemance Engine Oil Pans 12624617

Oil Pan, Rear Wet Sump, 1-piece Rear Main Seal Style, Aluminum, Natural, Chevy, 6.0L LS, 6.2L LS3, 6.2L LS9

SEAL 12584922

DEFLECTOR 12558189

TUBE 12570787

C6 Dipstick 12570788