How do you design........

a two bike engine (say two hayabusa) in a racing car?

I'm looking for some write up or a design procedure using two engines.

I'm intrigue on how they transfer the power in a single stage or how they put the power

in harmony - single accelerator - shifting two engines & the design of the two drivetrains.

If you see a book, kindly share it to me. I just want to read.....I have no plan...promise.

The Tiger Z100 used to be available in England. It has two bike engines in tandem, one drives the front wheels and the other the rear. No connection between the two engines other than the wheels on the road.

The video shows how the transmissions can be shifted together or even separately and run in two different gears.

There have been a number of twin engine/separate drive cars built. To name a few, a Mini Moke with the second engine in the back driving the rear wheels, a Honda Civic reported (also many years ago) in Road and Track, and more recently a twin engined (modern) Mini seen on one of Jay Leno's videos. In all three cases, the engines were quite independent. Linked throttles and gear-shifts, and clutch slave linked to a common master are the only 'links' between the engines. In use the engines load share naturally, just like the engines on multi-engine aircraft or ships. If one engine is a mite sick the other carries a bigger load-share and the car goes slower.

So....throttle - gear shift - clutch linked into a single system. The 2 engine that I can't comprehend how you attach into "ONE" driveshaft (if using a conventional rear drive) or the sprocket gear (if using a chain driven bike engine).

How is it possible to attach the 2 engine in one drivetrain or even two driveshaft. I'm sure there is a catastrophic will happen by doing this........thank you Warren.

.....i'm just wondering.

The Tiger z100 was rear wheel drive only. The output shafts from the bike gearboxes were both chained to the propshaft. Split shifting allowed the driver to keep one engine on the cam until the other spooled up. I imagine shifting was a chore keeping one or the other engine from bumping the rev limiter and bogging the process.

"The output shafts from the bike gearboxes were both chained to the propshaft."

I assumed there are two sprocket chain to the propshaft?

Wow..you are right shifting was a chore job.

If one engine at the wrong gear and the other say at the 3rd or 4th, something catastrophic. But i'm sure there is a mechanism to prevent uneven shifting.

I give a lot of credit how these farmers from the mid West engineered their machines

Tractor.jpg

When I think of the best way to combine 2 Hayabusas...

http://www.radicalperformanceengines.com/Powertec-Macroblock-v8/

One of these in a 7 should be sweet (very light and very powerful). It has been done. Probably many times, here's a pic of one example:

http://thekneeslider.com/hayabusa-v8-for-the-dp1/

The Tiger z100 was rear wheel drive only. The output shafts from the bike gearboxes were both chained to the propshaft. Split shifting allowed the driver to keep one engine on the cam until the other spooled up. I imagine shifting was a chore keeping one or the other engine from bumping the rev limiter and bogging the process.

The video in post #3 clearly talks about one engine to power the front wheels and one to power the rear wheels.

I looked into the 4WD Tiger Z100 before I bought my Caterham. A shop in Longmont was sort of a dealer for Tiger specializing in their race cars. They gave me a brochure of all the Tiger products at the time and in there they list the Z100 as 4WD. I tried to buy one but they got word back that Tiger would not sell the Z100 in the USA due to possible liability problems.