Lime Rock Historic Festival Sep. 1-3, 2012

blubarisax

August 31 – September 3, 2012, Historic Festival 30 & Sunday in the Park Concours

On Labor Day weekend, Lime Rock Park puts on great vintage car races and show. The Historical Festival includes vintage races on Saturday and Monday, with a super cool car show on Sunday. If anyone wants to join us, we are camping and plan on putting out a spread on Saturday afternoon. I have reserved an RV site (just need to convince the gate that my trailer is really an RV in disguise) overlooking the back straight.

There is a Lotus specific Car Corral on Saturday for parking with the Lotus owners. There is also camping if you want to stay over and enjoy the festivities in style!

The Sunday show also includes the “Gathering of the Marques,” which is literally hundreds of cars lining the rest of the track, grouped by make, model or country of origin. You’ll see huge displays of Shelbys and BMWs and Corvettes and Jaguars and MGs! Astons, Rolls and Lotuses (and perhaps an Orange Caterham)! Porsches, Peugeots and Panteras! Volvos and Saabs, Minis, Mercurys, Mercedes and Mopars! Ferraris, Fiats and Lambos!

If you’re interested in joining the Gathering of the Marques display, simply arrive Sunday morning, September 2, with your Sunday Admission Ticket (purchased in advance or at the gate) and you will be directed to park with the appropriate group.

This year's Honored Guest will be Sir Stirling Moss... No other venue in the U.S. has three days of on-track racing sandwiching a prestigious concours event – all on the same property. Since 1983, the East Coast’s premier vintage racing event has been the Historic Festival and its companion “Sunday in the Park Concours” (Sept. 2). With its famous free paddock access for all fans, Historic Festival 30 will be a feast for the senses: More than 300 vintage race cars will fill the grounds, Sir Stirling will be here for you to visit with, the Swap Meet in the Sunoco B Paddock will be packed, the Midway is always alive with activities – and the racing on the track is non-stop from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday and Monday. Also, there will be a very exciting Formula 1 Race Group on Saturday and Monday, thanks to Historic Grand Prix (HGP), the finest vintage racing organization for 1966 - 1983 F1 machinery. Historic Festival 30... There’s nothing like it anywhere else.

Edited by blubarisax

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spent all detailing my car for the Sunday in the Park Concours. I'm in Class 25 (whatever that is). I found rubber marbles in all kinds of places, it has never looked so good. I hope the judges like it as much as I do. :driving: