Yes, this is my first post here. Signed up for a paid membership for access to all of your eyeballs. Used to lurk and brainstorm on Locostusa.com, but that appears to have disappeared?! Exploring the idea of selling my car, which I just completed at the end of last year. It's a sad thought, but my Wife and I are moving to Australia. I have the option to store it with family and even the option to import it to Australia... but the right offer might just let me move on and maybe start a new car down under.
I dont yet have a price in mind. These cars can be hard to value. Although it is not an original Lotus or Caterham, it is not an un-finished project, nor does it have cheap miata/s10 underpinnings as most locosts do. If you're intrested, please reach out and we can go from there!
Anyhow, here's some details about the car and some pictures to follow.
- Car is fully registered and insured in the State of Arizona
- Car was assigned a VIN by the State of Arizona
- Registered as a 1965 Lotus 'Special Construction'
- Scratch built chassis, closely resembling 442 architecture
- Bodywork is Brunton Stalker Classic (Hood, Scuttle and rear fenders)
- Car has a 3M 3080 Vinyl Wrap, Sunflower Yellow with Satin Black Stripes
- Independent Front and Rear Suspension
- Front is Mustang II Spindles
- Wilwood Billet Dynapro Calipers
- Wilwood dual master with remote reservoirs and rear bias adjuster
- Coleman Racing adjustable ratio steering rack
- 1/2" Heim Joints for all suspension points
- GAZ Single Adjustable coilovers front and rear
- Rear Brakes are Nissan 350Z
- Separate Wilwood Mechanical Parking Brakes with Lokar Lever
- Built Buick 215, All-Aluminum V8. Motor has been stroked to 300cuin, billet pistons, forged rods, stroker crank, upgraded valve springs, full ARP hardware, one piece rear main.
- Spare stock Buick 215 Engine included. Have videos of the car running on this engine during mockup/shakedown before final rebuild.
- Custom 4into1 Headers, wrapped and straight into Magnaflow mufflers
- Full Holley Sniper EFI System (Full timing control)
- 500-510K Holley Sniper Throttle Body
- Hyperspark Distributor
- Hyperspark Coil
- Hyperspark CDI Box
- Holley 6.8 Pro Dash digital dash (GPS Speedo)
- Remote Oil Filter system, full stainless AN Lines
- Full Stainless AN Cooling system
- Griffin Radiator and SPAL Fan
- FlowKooler high-flow water pump w/ billet impellar. Modified for AN Fittings.
- Canton Racing Coolant Reservoir/Expansion Tank
- D&D Fabrications Billet Aluminum Flywheel
- RAM Hydralic Throwout Conversion
- HAYS Street 450 Clutch
- Borg Warner T-50 5-speed trans (Spare transmission included, no bellhousing)
- Nissan 350Z Rear Differential
- Summit Racing 10Gal Fuel Cell w/ Analog Fuel Sender (displayed on digital dash) and rollover vent valves
- Full Stainless AN Fuel Lines and Billet Rebuildable fuel filters
- 1/4" Lexan Windshield
- Kirkey racing seats (Driver adjustable, passenger fixed) w/ custom tweed seat covers
- Willans 4-Point Harnesses
- NRG Quick Disconnect Steering Wheel & Hub
- H3R ABC 2.5lb Fire Extinguiser, Quick Release Mount
- APR Real Carbon Side Mirros
- Joe's Racing Emergency Battery Disconnect
- Wheels are 17x7 Enkei Racing (I believe older PF09s)
- Tires are 225-45/r17 Nitto NT-01s (Not a ton of life left, TBH)
- Braille B3121 'No-Weight' motorsports battery, purchased new 2022 (Spare B3121, from 2019)
Any questions or anything I might have missed, feel free to ask. Now for some pictures
I am currently travelling out of state, will post pictures with the body panels off once I return!
Video with the hood off and running
And here's a video that friend of min made for me of my first track day in the Car