Jump to content

Doug7L

Club Member
  • Posts

    34
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Doug7L

  1. Just FYI. The term 'SB100' is the unofficial term for SPCNS. SB100 stands for Senate Bill 100 which was the number of the California Senate Bill that created the SPCNS in 2001 or 2002. The term SB100 does not appear anywhere in the DMV's official registration instructions, only SPCNS. I was one of the first to get an SPCNS number in 2002 and it doesn't say anything about SB100 on the sticker. BAT gave me grief about the lack of 'SB100' on the sticker when I listed my car about 3 years ago. Not really their fault as they do hundreds of cars per day and SB100 has been what everyone has called it since the beginning. When you get to the DMV, tell them it's a Specially Constructed Vehicle, SPCNS. They may or may not know the term SB100. Note: On more recent SPCNS stickers I have seen SB100 listed only in the comment line. Mine from 2002 .
  2. Lightweight Kodiak wheels still for sale. These 13" wheels are light, with the slicks they are about 20lbs each and really liven up the car compared to 14" with road legal tires. https://www.californiacaterhamclub.com/forum/caterham/for-sale-wanted/38543-13-kodiak-3-piece-wheels
  3. This sump was damaged by pothole. Repaired by welding. It held oil but still seeps. Someone with talent and patience might be able to weld it properly. Only the parts in the photos are included and I no longer recall if this is correct oil pickup. Sold as is. $150.00 plus actual shipping cost. Located in Newbury Park CA Doug 805-402-1225
  4. Thank you. Looking to source once in the USA to avoid the tariffs. I will buy from the UK if needed. Doug
  5. As stated I am looking for a T9 to Duratec bell housing. Used or new. doug@tidsales.com 805-402-1225
  6. Wheels still available. Reasonable offer.
  7. Send your zip code and I can get a price. Define what you mean by 'too much'. I used them with my 175 hp 1250 lb Seven. The main issue is getting the slicks up to temperature. This is because the car is so light. Take it easy for the first lap or two. They really liven the car up because of the lower rotational inertia. You are welcome to email me direct. doug@tidsales.com
  8. Still available . New price $1000.00 plus shipping. Doug@tidsales.com
  9. The wheels are about 10lbs each without tires. Cycle wings on the front. No issues with clearance. My car was a 2001 build S3. De Dion rear suspension with Sierra Diff.
  10. Question on Size. DIMENSIONS ± FRONT REAR OVERALL WIDTH 7 ¾” 8 ¾” Bead /Tire width 7” 8” Back spacing 4 5/8” 5 ¼” If I did my calculations correctly that gives them about 19mm offset in front and 22 mm in rear. Positive offset. Please do your own calculations to verify they will fit your car. $1500.00 Price lowered to $1200.00 Doug 805-402-1225 see also: https://www.californiacaterhamclub.com/forum/caterham/for-sale-wanted/38543-13-kodiak-3-piece-wheels A selection of spacers are included.
  11. Longer studs are easy to do. Too wide a slick is harder to get warmed up because the cars are so light. I needed at least a full lap and that is if the weather and track are not cold.
  12. Kodiak can make the size and offsets you need. https://www.kodiakracingwheels.com/ You might also look at Jongloed. https://www.jongbloedracingwheels.com/wheels
  13. What doesn't fit? I used 1/8" spacers on the rears so the tires would not rub on the Watts links.
  14. DIMENSIONS ± FRONT REAR OVERALL WIDTH 7 ¾” 8 ¾” Bead /Tire width 7” 8” Back spacing 4 5/8” 5 ¼” If I did my calculations correctly that gives them about 19mm offset in front and 22 mm in rear positive offset. Please feel free to correct my calculations
  15. Will do in the next day or so. I need to get the tires removed. Doug 805-402-1225 doug@tidsales.com
  16. Used on my 2001 Caterham S3 for track days only. Never bent. Some minor scratched but otherwise in good condition. I believe the fronts are 6" and the rears 8" but will confirm as soon as I get the tires removed. I do not remember the exact offset but can measure it. I did need a 1/8" spacer on the rears to miss the watts links. Selection of spacers included. Each wheel with the slicks weighs about 20 lbs. $1500.00 plus shipping. Pickup preferred. Located in Newbury Park, CA. Doug doug@tidsales.com 805-402-1225.
  17. Willie has first dibs on the bonnet. I am out of town until the 27th. PM me to be 2nd on the list. Doug
  18. Caterham S3 bonnet. New old stock, bought when I when considering changing from Zetec to Duratec. No intake cutout. $275.00 plus shipping. Located in Newbury Park, CA Pickup preferred. Doug 805-402-1225 doug@tidsales.com
  19. I have four 13" Kodiak lightweight 3 piece wheels. I need to remove the slicks to measure them correctly and be sure they run true. Current tire size is 7" on front, 8" on rear. Used on my 2001 build Caterham. With the slicks each weighs about 20 lbs. and the lower rotational inertia really liven up the car. I used them only for track days. Never crashed or bent but I will have them spun up when I remove the tires. Located in Newbury Park CA. Doug 805-402-1225 doug@tidsales.com
  20. An offer from Florida that I will accept if no one in California is ready. This has the SPCN or SB100 sticker and is smog exempt in California Doug
  21. Reserve not met on BaT. Still available, reasonable offers considered. Doug 805-402-1225 doug@tidsales.com
×
×
  • Create New...