1981 Caterham AutoX / track car, CA regis.

seven13bt

I need to make room in the garage for a new racecar, so this one is for sale. It's a one-owner car.

Calif registration as 85 Autkt, no smog rq'd, $20,000.

Powered by '87 Mazda 13B turbo. Datalog from last event showed peak accel of 1.0 g, 293 ft-lb TQ, 357 HP at 6400 rpm and 13.9 psi. Freshened 2016.

Mazdatrix 4.3 lb flywheel and 5.5" twin disc clutch

2nd gen RX7 NT 5-speed

2nd gen RX7 IRS, 5.12 gear, type-2 miata gleason

dry sump scavenge, stock pressure supply

55 gpm Meziere electric water pump

Wilwood calipers

Tilton pedals

Autometer gages

Electromotive TEC-GT

Innovate WB and datalogger

Intercooler and oil cooler in nose, 19 x 30 alum. rad in sidepod with twin elec fans

Have stock body panels/windshield/lights

2 sets Real wheels, 13 x 10 ft, 13 x 12 rear

ronreese13bt(at)yahoo.com

SANY1344.jpg

SANY1903 copy.jpg

SANY1909.jpg

SANY1907.jpg

SANY1905.jpg

Included with the car are front and rear wings.

If one wanted to convert the drivetrain back to the way it was run in the late 80's, I still have the Lotus 907 engine and Mazda ultra-close ratio 4-spd. The engine suffered a spun rod bearing and needs the rod journals turned down 0.020". Included would be the Mikuni 44 carbs, 2 blocks, 2 heads, good set of rods, stock pistons, Arias 12.5 to 1 pistons, dry sump pan and tank. $1500 for this package.

S7 at THill2.jpg

907 engine.jpg

Are you kidding me???

People here are making fun of my new to me Caterham's steering wheel that was suggested was heisted from a dune buggy. Suave Less or aka Less Suave, Suave's evil twin said to me that the Racetech steering wheel was too small for his wings and he is a minature stork. Now I have two animal type cars. A storker and a cat. What fun!

20180622_124356.jpg

Edited by Astro Bob

Hey Bob,

The steering wheel was "heisted" from another car ........ a March 84C Indy car. It's been working fine for over three decades.

I think you answered your own question. Yes, they are kidding you.

Ron

Edited by seven13bt

Ron, thanks for identifying the wheels provenance. I have Wirewheel just a couple of miles from my new home that likely has or has seen these steering wheels on some of the actual former race cars they sell. I visited last week and they have the last Acura NSX 11/11 which is about a work of vintage racing art/technology that they refurbished to like new and will be selling shortly. It is a stunning example of racing with significant factory sponsorship money. BTW, the autox car you are selling with your accompanying youtube.com videos show what appears to be an amazing purpose built car. Nice job. What class is it running in in SCCA autocross?

Edited by Astro Bob