Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

From the Heart of Milan to the Hills of Brianza – A Sunday with My Seven

This morning I took my 1997 Caterham to the Sunday gathering in Piazza Affari, in the heart of Milan.

It is quite a special setting for a car gathering. In front of the Milan Stock Exchange stands L.O.V.E. by Maurizio Cattelan, the famous sculpture that everyone in Milan simply calls “the finger”. Art, architecture, cars and people somehow all come together in the same square.

During the morning, something unexpected happened. A journalist came directly over to me and asked if she could interview me.

Her first questions were about my work as an artist, and then about the relationship I have with my Caterham.

I found this particularly interesting because, from the way she asked her questions, I almost had the impression that she already knew something about my work.

We talked about art, the Seven, and the particular relationship that develops with a car you have owned and driven for so many years.

Then the interview took a completely unexpected turn: she also asked me what I thought about travelling by private jet. Quite a curious leap from my wonderfully simple Caterham to a very different way of travelling!

In the afternoon I left Milan behind and headed towards Montevecchia, in the hills of Brianza.

Within a short time, the scenery changes completely. The city gives way to small roads, hills, vineyards and woods, with wide views opening over the Lombardy plain.

And perhaps this is another reason why I still love my Seven so much. In the morning it can take me into the heart of Milan, among cars, people and even a work by Cattelan; a few hours later it can take me into the silence of the hills.

Two different worlds. One Sunday. And always the same Seven.

Sergio

01_20261004_110437_ridotta.jpg

02_20261004_114738_ridotta.jpg

03_20260406_154905_ridotta.jpg

04_DSC_8498_ridotta.jpg

05_20261004_181954_ridotta.jpg

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...