2004 Zetec Birkin FOR SALE

BCBirk

Hey Everyone,

It's been a fun ride but unfortunately it's now time to sell. I won't miss this forum as I intend to continue lurking on it. This is a genuinely interesting, and intelligent group.

Details and a link to pics can be found below. I'll put together some video later if I can find the time.

Thanks for looking.

bwResize of Birkin 2014 021.jpg

2004 Birkin S3 FOR SALE

The car was originally assembled and registered in Alberta, Canada in 2004. I purchased it in 2008 with ~3000 miles on the odometer. It's currently at ~18,500 miles (29K Kms), and it is very healthy. I'm reluctantly selling to help fund a new venture.

All mandated federal and provincial inspections have been cleared. It is street legal, registered, and fully insured in British Columbia.

Asking price: $29000 US or $36000 CDN

Motor:

- 2.0L Ford Zetec (ZX3)

- Mildly ported and shaved head (~10:1 compression)

- High-lift cams with upgraded valve springs

- Adjustable cam gears

- Large 65 mm single throttle body, port-matched to stock intake manifold

- Custom cold air intake

- Accel injectors

- Bosch and Carter fuel pumps with a swirl pot.

- Under-drive pulleys

- Custom wet sump

- Remote oil filter

- 4 into 1 header

Transmission:

- 5 Speed Ford T9

- Fidanza lightweight flywheel

- Organic clutch disk

- Limited slip differential

Total curb weight: ~1290 lbs. (585 Kgs)

ECU:

SDS EM-3 fully programmable fuel and ignition system (no laptop required). This unit has the upgraded chip to manage the high idle (cold start) valve, and is integrated with an AEM wide-band air/fuel meter. Mappings have been refined and tuned for tractable performance, erring on the side of caution rather than maximum output.

Acceleration and HP:

0 - 60 MPH = ~4.5 seconds +/- (depending on available traction and launch skill).

It has never been on a proper dyno but has measured 156 WHP using a G-Tech accelerometer. Estimated output: ~180 HP at the crank; currently limited by the stock, long-runner intake manifold. That estimate would equal ~7.2 HP per pound.

Brakes:

- Front: Outlaw M-16, 4 piston calipers with Hawk HP Plus pads, vented rotors, and Wilwood 2 psi residual pressure valve.

- Rear: Audi single piston calipers with stock pads and solid rotors

- Front / rear bias control

Suspension:

- Front: A-arms with adjustable anti-sway bar, and dual adjustable (rebound and damping) AVO coil-over shocks

- Rear: 4 parallel links with panhard rod and dual adjustable coil-over AVO shocks.

Wheels and tires (DOT approved):

Front: Toyo R888 205-50-15

Rear: Toyo R888 225-45-15

Wheels: 15x7 lightweight aluminium with hubcentric rings

Peripherals and extras:

- Electronic battery cut-off with 2 remotes.

- Custom headlights (original chrome 'bug-eye' headlights available)

- LED DRL's

- LED front turn signals (original units available).

- LED tail lights, and high-mounted 3rd brake light (original units available).

- Side-view mirrors with integrated LED turn signals (original units available).

- Spare tire carrier with spare wheel and tire included but not currently installed.

- Cabin heater motor included but not currently installed.

- Heated wind-shield

- Full soft top

- Bikini top

- Full doors

- Fiberglass boot (trunk) cover (soft cover included)

- Custom rear Lexan wind deflector

- Drivers side 5-point cam seat-belt harness (original 3 point seat-belts included).

- Custom micro-suede seat backs and inserts (gel insert for comfort and a thin foam insert for performance driving included). Drivers seat is adjustable for / aft.

- Adjustable pedal box

- 12" leather Momo steering wheel

- VDO speedo/odometer, oil pressure, water temp, fuel, and amperage gauges.

- Glowshift adjustable tachometer gauge (external shift light included but not installed). Original VDO tachometer available.

- AEM wideband air/fuel ratio gauge (integrated with ECU).

- Fiamm air horns

Etc...

This 7 has been very well maintained.

I've always used Castrol Syntec 5W30, and Napa Gold (wix) filters. Oil changes have been performed each year, prior to storage.

Coolant, brake fluid, and diff fluid has been changed every two years. I've used premium gas only, however the conservative mappings would allow for mid-grade fuel, and probably regular on cooler days.

This car has never seen snow, very rarely seen rain, and has always been properly winter-prepped and stored in a heated garage. Typically driven May - October; a large part of the mileage has been accumulated from several road trips throughout Western Canada and the US west coast.

I welcome, and would be happy to facilitate a professional mechanical inspection. No random 'test pilots' please...

The car is located in Maple Ridge, British Columbia.

Pictures here

bcbirk@gmail.com (Please include your phone #)

• 2 months later...