Weber 40 DCOE19 Carburetors

18 minutes ago, Vinman1 said:

Any idea what you want for them? Mine seem fine, but you never know...

I’m going to retract my statement that they are NOS. The only reason I’m retracting my statement is that I didn’t buy them new. I don’t know when they were bought either. By looking at them I think they are new but I have no way to prove it. As I mentioned they are in original Weber cardboard boxes. I know Pegasus Racing sells Webers like this today for about $639 a piece. How does $850 for the pair sound?

• 8 months later...
7 hours ago, Donnie said:

I'll take them if you still got.     Don Freeman

Donnie,

I do still have these carburetors and they are still for sale. I am sure you understand they really won’t work on a super 7. They are likely for a BMW possibly a 1600 or a 2002 but I don’t know that for sure. They are actually in the Weber boxes that they were originally received in. No they are definitely no Chinese knockoffs. If you like I’ll pack them up and get you a shipping price and they I’ll get them on their way. I had really forgotten about them. I had planned to advertise them on a BMW forum but didn’t get around to it. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Stambaugh said:

Donnie,

I do still have these carburetors and they are still for sale. I am sure you understand they really won’t work on a super 7. They are likely for a BMW possibly a 1600 or a 2002 but I don’t know that for sure. They are actually in the Weber boxes that they were originally received in. No they are definitely no Chinese knockoffs. If you like I’ll pack them up and get you a shipping price and they I’ll get them on their way. I had really forgotten about them. I had planned to advertise them on a BMW forum but didn’t get around to it. 

Sorry to be slow getting back to you.

Not sure what you mean about not working on a 7. They will need to be rejetted regardless of the application. I have a seven clone with a 2000cc Toyota TGE engine.

36 minutes ago, Donnie said:

Not sure what you mean about not working on a 7. They will need to be rejetted regardless of the application. I have a seven clone with a 2000cc Toyota TGE engine.

It’s not a jetting problem. Yes obviously you can reject any way that you like. There are jets, emulsion tubes, tube ends, venturis, that can all be changed. I say they won’t work on a Seven I am talking in particular a Ford Cosworth 1600 BDR. It’s about the pull direction for the throttle hook up. You can make anything work if you have machining capability and time is no issue. These pull from the opposite direction as the Webers on my BDR. I don’t want to sell them to you letting you think they will bolt right on and everything will hook up and work just fine because it won’t (again based on the BDR engine) If you understand this and still want them, I’ll be happy to ship them to you. 

20 minutes ago, Wayne Stambaugh said:

It’s not a jetting problem. Yes obviously you can reject any way that you like. There are jets, emulsion tubes, tube ends, venturis, that can all be changed. I say they won’t work on a Seven I am talking in particular a Ford Cosworth 1600 BDR. It’s about the pull direction for the throttle hook up. You can make anything work if you have machining capability and time is no issue. These pull from the opposite direction as the Webers on my BDR. I don’t want to sell them to you letting you think they will bolt right on and everything will hook up and work just fine because it won’t (again based on the BDR engine) If you understand this and still want them, I’ll be happy to ship them to you. 

You might want to look at a Weber chart and find out all the specs on these. The Type is 40DCOE 19 and they are both the same. The No. is 6824 on one and 6899 on the other. If you can determine based on the numbers I’d feel comfortable with you going with them.

Thanks. Probably best in  the long run to just get a new complete kit. Cheers

18 minutes ago, Donnie said:

Thanks. Probably best in  the long run to just get a new complete kit. Cheers

If you can get one for that engine, you are right! Even at that you'll likely have so jetting/tuning to do.