Grady Posted March 30 Author Posted March 30 (edited) Just need to do some wet sanding, polishing now and a good cleaning. This summer when it is to hot or next winder I will take the front apart and black out the suspension and headlights. Edited March 30 by Grady 2
Stickerdick Posted March 30 Posted March 30 That is beautiful!!! I can only hope mine will be that nice one day!!!
Grady Posted September 20 Author Posted September 20 Some more updates, Fuel system. The previous owner took the original fuel tank out when the foam filling started degrading. Not sure of the original design but he did put in a nice around 9 gallon Jaz tank. They put it on the passenger side in the back but ended up with the pickups facing forward due to design. Not a problem but you have to keep the tank full. I did notice around 3 gallons or so under hard acceleration it would starve about the time you got through 3rd gear. Decided to do a header tank that was gravity feed since I could mount the tank below the main tank. Found a 1 gallon tank that would fit. If I turned it upside down. It already had 2 #8 AN fittings on top and 1 on the bottom. Made an aluminum plate instead of the fuel cap. Put another #8 fitting in the plate for main fuel feed, one #6 for fuel return. With the tank upside down I fed the 2 #8 lines out of the main tank to the 2 #8 fitting now at the bottom to feed the tank. The #8 feed line that is not at the top was reduced to #6 and vented to the top of the main tank. When doing this I did add another fuel level sensor at the bottom of the main tank for better low fuel resolution. The fuel pump was on the left side where I put the tank so I had to move it over to the right.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now