2000 (2005) de Dion Caterham -- For Sale

Vogue

480-thx to you and others for the positive thots!

I agree that folks on this Forum seem to find it easier to follow the common rules of civility than at some other forums. Perhaps it's the subject car? Perhaps our more (cough, cough) advanced overall age?

• 3 months later...

$34 is not a bad price for a 2000 with low milage even with a straight stock Zetec and T-9. Just because the economy is a bit slow does not mean he has to drop the price unless he is in a hurry. The car is almost in the same shape as when it ws built. I remember when the builder had it for sale and his skill was highly endorsed by Jon at Caterham USA. If I remember correctly he was a Boeing engineer.

This time of year is not the time to drop your price. If I needed to replace my car I would buy yours in a heartbeat.

Michael D.

2000 DeDion

225 Zetec QuickSilve Racengines

Troy,

If have a Zetec and if the problems are intermitent check the crank sensor and the wireing from it to the harness. These wires frequently melt and the sensors go bad. Both due to excessive heat when on the track.

Michael D.

I agree that this is a great group of owners. Most likely, this is due to the fact that we love our cars and we share the same list of never ending little problems. Sooner or late anyone driving a Seven will have a broken whatch call it and the group will be there with offers and suggestions.

It's kinda like golfers that keep chasing their little balls hoping to experience that next almostn perfect shot.

When a seven runs great there is nothing else on the road quite like it! We are a lucky group.

Michael D.

It's the smiles per mile that count!

• 2 weeks later...