Kurtis Kraft Kar Wrap this week

I have basically finished the restoration of the Kurtis/Stuedebaker 1947 Midget race car and it has been an education.

In the 70s I had a lotus Mk8

this car was in like condition with the exception of tube rust.

The Kurtis is a 70yo race car that paused for a few decades in storage-before roll cages and wheels larger than 12 inch ,magnesiums. Its supposed to weigh 900 pounds and has 100hp Its a very simple racer-pre NASCAR and peaked in 1947-1951.

I did a total AN conversion-all hardwear, brakes, fuel-chrome parts, 4.5 inch headlights and LED taillights-

What makes these type cars impossiable for the street is that the starting system is push the gear is in or out-no ratios/reverse-and they are very cramped. This Kurtis was raced into the 60's by a Midget Hall of Famer driver-and things were "developed"-The Mk8 that I had the correct split ford axle front suspension like a mk 6-but a rack and pinion steering system-old race cars get developed over time.

This Kurtis has a later coil over quick change that moved the wheelbase back from 72 to 77 inches( a 7s wheelbase is 88 inches)and I captured 5 more inches in seatimg room for the driver, the car was also developed with a 3 speed/reverse gearbox/starter/battery and electric cooling fans and alternator. I have added lights-taken the bumpers and roll hoop out.

II removed excess unused weld ons and left evidence of previous approaches-and also will be attempting to keep other forensics car color and numbers-There are removable panels on the car a mix of fiberglass and alloy-I have stripped the alloy panels down to white alloy finish and will be wraping the glass in the same color this week-some members wanted to see the car or questions about wraping-call and visit soon-

I think I am going to post on BAT $49 March sale-so soon

Kevin

301 229 8820

• 2 weeks later...

The wrap process was very not easy-did a poor job on the nosecone 3 plus hours-spray painted the tail and bonnet nice job in less than an hour- 120sf of wrap was a $120 education in the limits of my skills.

Kurtis on Ebay at present