Non working turn signals, brake and reverse lights

NSXguy

Hi All,

THe driving lights work when the headlamps are on but the turn signals, brake lights and reverse lights have not since i purchased the car. As i prepare for the driving season, i obviously need to sort these out. Has anyone had a similar issue and are there common 7 places to check before i really dig into it?

The previous owner changed rear tail lights to a "bullet style" when the carbon rear wings were installed so i'll check those out and poke a bit under the dash but i'm not quite familiar with the car you to know what to look for. very analog wiring under the dash there! Plan to pull out the multimeter today.

Car: Mid 80s 1600 cross flow 7, LHD

Also,

If anyone with similar age 7 can take a photo of the underdash wiring, headlamp/turn signal wiring (if visible) and tail lamp area wiring, i'll buy you a beer!

I've seen funky behavior before that only occurred with the headlights on.  It turned out to be a loose ground on one of the tail lights.  Given the PO changed the tail lights, I'd start there and make sure the grounds are very secure.

-John

6 hours ago, JohnCh said:

I've seen funky behavior before that only occurred with the headlights on.  It turned out to be a loose ground on one of the tail lights.  Given the PO changed the tail lights, I'd start there and make sure the grounds are very secure.

-John

Thanks. I've been researching and reading about many funky wiring woes on these cars! At any rate, some progress was made today. I read on another forum about flicking the hazard light switch a few times and sure enough it took a while but then the turn signals started working. Did not have any luck getting the brake lights to work so i'll try some other things tomorrow!

I also took off the existing bullet lights since i have the standard lights coming in from redline this weekend to replace them. Plan is to test everything in the back and make sure we are getting power(which i doubt), because i tested the bulbs individually and they both worked. More to come...