paradox1828 Posted Saturday at 04:42 PM Posted Saturday at 04:42 PM I imagine this is a very basic question but I’ve had a slow drip from my oil drain plug since I purchase my vehicle 3 weeks ago. (It’s taken me a little while to even notice because I also had a drip from the rocker cover). Today I decided to investigate and the current plug is stamped as an M12. Is it possible this is the wrong size for this vehicle? Service records that came with the car indicate it had a recent oil change before its sale to me. Engine is a ford crossflow 1600. Plug sure seems tight enough and I actually fear it’s been over tightened in the past.
7Westfield Posted Saturday at 05:25 PM Posted Saturday at 05:25 PM crossflow should be 1/2-20 hope they didn't bugger the threads
locost7018 Posted Saturday at 09:56 PM Posted Saturday at 09:56 PM This is what I put on my std Ford xflow drain pan: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BLGGGXXF?ref_=ppx_hzsearch_conn_dt_b_fed_asin_title_1&th=1
paradox1828 Posted Saturday at 10:20 PM Author Posted Saturday at 10:20 PM Thanks gang. Definitely have the wrong plug in the pan and some knackered threads. Got a project ahead of me it looks like.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now