I'm going to driving school ...

I'm going to driving school ... and getting paid to go!! :hurray:

I will be working as the physician to screen drivers for health issues before enrolling in the "Hot Laps" Marboro driving experience for the next two days.

Being an employee I only get to see what others are doing .. riding in a Panoz race car at 150 mph around the Atlanta Motor Speedway and see some Mustangs burn rubber while drifting on a skid track.

I just wish that my Rotus was rtr .. but I'm still rewiring the dash among other things. I know that John Bowman has driven his Rotus around the AMS before! :hurray:

Rob

Well they were much to busy with clients to give me a ride today .. maybe tomorrow. I got to see them drifting some Mustangs and burning off the rubber completely off $800 tires.

Here's a pic of me in a recent Formula 1 winner (from 6-7 years ago). I'm told that the steering wheel costs $12k.

Rob

http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/537628327_formula.jpg

Kevin my co driver in the one lap and partner in the Organic Racing is from Georgia and he loves that track. He has done a few Panoz schools there.

That's something I may have to try someday. BTW: That's a cutaway of a Panoz in the background.

AMS: Track has 24 degree banks .. and 5 degree straightaways.

Day 2 of the "school" was uneventful. They were still to busy to get me on the track. :confused: So I'm finished with my commitment to the "Hot Laps Marboro" racing experience.

Rob

I took my portable blood pressure monitor to an Auto-X once and scared myself. About 5' after my "run" it was 240 over 180. It took forever to get a reading since I had never had to pump it up so high. I kept getting "error" readings. Normal for me is 135/70. Shows what a little adrenaline can do to rev up the old cardiovascular system.

Shows what a little adrenaline can do to rev up the old cardiovascular system.

Yeah .. Blood Pressure should only be checked when relaxed. High blood pressure can be determined when checked on three different days.

Rob